Message of the Golden Jubilee of In

 Message of the Golden Jubilee of Independence Day

Jan 3, 1998

Fifty  years have  already completed  today that  the Burma
stands  as an independent and sovereign nation in the world
and  it is reach into the  very occasion of Golden Jubilee.
However, the people and country have been overwheled by the
oppession  and  destruction  of  the  military dictatorship
which  usurped the state power since 1962 and it existed in
36 years of this half century.

In  this  period which  the military  junta have  ruled the
country  and still  ruling,  the people  have deeply rooted
power  and poorer ever than before. The economy, education,
politic,   health,  moral ethics of the people and nation's
pride   entire  state  structure  have  been  deteriorated.

Although  independent  Union  of  Burma  based  on Liberty.
Fraternity  Equality  and  mutual  respect  was  founded by
Bogkoke  General Aung San led  all leaders of nationalities
and  all patriotic martyrs with blood and sweat is now like
a  dream for  the entire  people of  union of  Burma.  They
suffers   daily  hardship   as  the   results  of  poverty,
exploitation,  threat,  intimidation,  illegal  arrest  and
detention,killing  forced  relocation  and  forced laboring
which   have  existed  in  the   country  in  this  period.

While  the  leaders  of  the  world  are  working  for  the
betterment  of their peoples and countries approaching into
the  21st century,   the power hungry  military generals of
Burma are selling the country to opportunist neighbors like
China and ASEAN countries to prolong their power.  Besides,
they  are myopic attempt to clumping the this very occasion
Golden  Jubilee of  Independence Day  as a  chicken affairs
and  restrict public  assemble to  celebrate this occasion,
meanwhile the India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka which have free
alongwith  Burma  from  same coloney  yoke  of  British are
proudly celebrating as their National pride.

It  is national duty,  it also need of hour to wipe not the
military dictators of the country for national
integration,  national  reconciliation  and  civil  liberty
which  grantee to entire people.  Inspite of fuliling this,
the  shameless and coward acts of  the SPDC turn SLORC turn
at  last  SPDC  Junta  is changing  their  masks  one after
another  to divert the  pressure of home  and abroad recent
change of their name to State Peace and Devlopement Freedom
is for the people who dare to fight, on this history Golden
Jubilee  of Independence  Day,  we  the All  Burma Students
League  would like to  call revolutionary alert  to all the
people  of Burma from  all scrate of  life to actively join
Second  Independence Struggle led Daw  Aung San Suu Kyi who
relentlessly  wage democratic movement  for the fundamental
rights of individuals and society.

Central Committee
All Burma Students League.

************************( End )****************************