STATEMENT OF ABSDO ON 50TH ANNIVERS

We, ABSDO (All Burma Students' Democratic Organisation ) are fighting
for restore democracy and human rights for over 45  millions of Burmese
people who were forcibly under control by military regime.

Today 4th  January, 1998 is golden anniversary of independence day.
Burma got absolute freedom from British. We also deeply honor  who
involved in fighting for independence of Burma.

Meanwhile, We (ABSDO) , are  more actively concentrate on some political
changed  inside Burma.
Therefore, We strongly denounce following ;-__
(1) We strongly believed that, previous SLORC (State Law and Order
Restoring Council), they had never wanted to people improvement, to
raise the developed societies.
(2) We also believed that present the SPDC ( State Peace and Development
Council), just only changed the name of SLORC by military regime which
doesn't have the  legitimate power.
(3) We really condemn that the SPDC unreasonably arrest actives  student
leaders and so many innocent people without trail.
 We (ABSDO) would like to ask the ruling military regime following
demands;___

(1) Immediately demolish the SPDC (State Peace  and Development Council
).
(2) Absolutely, to hand over the country power to NLD which won the 1990
election.
(3) To release all political activities, students leader Min Ko Naing
and other students detainees.
(4) To allow to form the student Union, which was historic union achieve
independent of Burma.

Central Committee,
All Burma Students' Democratic Organisation (Australia).
Email: Burma88@xxxxxxxxxxx /   htunhtun@xxxxxxxxxxxx /eyar@xxxxxxxxxxxx/
082903@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
33,Hillcrest Ave, Hurstville, NSW, 2220 Australia Ph:(02) 9579 3847/
9649 1302 0417442606 Fax; (02) 9649 1302
752 Warrigal Rd, Chadstone Vic , 3148 Australia Ph: (03) 9504 264