Information Sheets on BurmaNet (r)

I think that we need to carry news from all sources and that readers should
use discretion when using the information obtained.

Most of Okkar's postings are propaganda, but that is expected. But we need to
know as much about our opponents as we should our friends and supporters.
And the news he posts though selecive, provide us an insight into the current
SPDC and their moves.

What really disturbs me, is the low level at which some of these discussions
are being persued. I know that SLORC/SPDC and their people deserve all that
they are getting, but we should not lower ourselves to their level. Whether
that means violence, lies, vulgarity, etc.,,,

Our children and children of our friends are reading these letters. Some of
them are "Democracy Activists" and some of them use the information for their
academic requirements.

Though we may find painful (and difficult to do at first), I suggest we treat
everybody, especially our "opponents" with respect.

We Burmans, the ones living in and enjoying a free society must learn to
practice the principles of democracy and the rule of law. We have to learn how
to disagree and still work together.

Here's hoping that as we learn and change, that "real change" will come to our
country during 1998.