THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR ( Monday,1

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0942.0CA0D3C0

Thar-du, Tha-du,-------

I think Ko Okkar can rephrase the following scoop in a certain way
revealing the true happenings inside and beyond Rangoon.
<<<<<<(1)   Families of Tatmadaw, well-wishers offer robes, dry rations to
Sarthintaiks in                Shwepyitha Township
YANGON, 14 Dec - Families of the Tatmadaw (Army, Navy and Air) and well-
wishers donated dry rations, edible oil, robes and cash to Sarthintaiks in
Shwepyitha Township, Yangon North District, at the respective Sarthintaiks
this morning.>>>>>>

Instead, it should be like this:
	"We, the families of the Tamadaw (Army, Navy and Air) and our conspirators
[after committing serial broad daylight robberies in urban and rural areas,
prisoning all bread-winners taken away from their families and making
innocent children fatherless and homeless] donated dry rations [confiscated
from Karens, Karennies, Talaings, Pyus...], edible oils [saved from the
Inn-sein jail-rations], robes [which were forcibly taken from democratic
monks recently] and cash [we tried our best to accumulate extra-monies by
sucessfully joint-venturing with Kyaung-dar-yaka U Khun Sa] to
Sarthinthaiks in Shwepyintha Township, Yangon North District, at the
respective Sarthintaiks this morning.  ["We did it to mitigate our sins and
crimes so that we don't go together to hell."]
How is it? It sounds realistic.  Feel free to consult me to co-edit your
daily essays.
Myo Thant

----------
> From: OKKAR66127 <OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx>
> To: MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR ( Monday,15 Dec 1997 )
> Date: Monday, December 15, 1997 1:46 AM
>
> THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR ( Monday,15 Dec 1997 )
> (1)   Families of Tatmadaw, well-wishers offer robes, dry rations to
> Sarthintaiks in                           Shwepyitha Township
> (2)   Minister for Transport inspects wharves at Yangon Port
> (3)   Minister for Commerce discusses new paddy purchase systems in
> Kungyangon, Twantay
> (4)   Appointment of Ambassador of Austria agreed
> (5)   Advanced Training Course 1/97 for Skilled Construction Workers for
> dispatch                to Singapore opens
> (6)   Cornerstone laid for construction of three-storey Thathanayanthi
> Kyaungsaung
> (7)   Myanmar second in Chiangmai World Women's Weightlifting C'ship
> (8)   Minister for Electric Power inspects installation of new
transformers
> (9)   Deputy Minister for Agriculture and Irrigation tours Shan State,
> Mandalay                       Division
>  _______________________
>
> (1)   Families of Tatmadaw, well-wishers offer robes, dry rations to
> Sarthintaiks in                Shwepyitha Township
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec - Families of the Tatmadaw (Army, Navy and Air) and well-
> wishers donated dry rations, edible oil, robes and cash to Sarthintaiks
in
> Shwepyitha Township, Yangon North District, at the respective
Sarthintaiks
> this morning.
>
> Present were Secretary-2 of the State Peace and Development Council
Lt-Gen Tin
> Oo, member of the State Peace and Development Council Commander of Yangon
> Command Maj-Gen Khin Maung Than, Minister for Education U Pan Aung,
Minister
> for Communications, Posts and Telegraphs U Soe Tha, Ministers at the
Office of
> the Prime Minister Brig-Gen Lun Maung and Maj-Gen Tin Ngwe, Deputy
Minister
> for Education Brig-Gen Soe Win Maung, Deputy Minister for Forestry Col
Thaik
> Tun, Vice-Chairman of the Yangon City Development Committee Vice-Mayor
Col
> Maung Pa and officials and donors.
>
> At the ceremony to offer robes and set up trust funds for Aungsantawya
> Pariyatti Sarthintaik in Shwepyitha Township, the congregation received
the
> Five Precepts from Presiding Sayadaw Maha GandavaWaka Pandita Bhaddanta
> Sujata.
>
> The Secretary-2, the commander and ministers offered alms to Sayadaws.
>
> The Secretary-2 offered 95 sets of robes donated by the State Peace and
> Development Council to the Presiding Sayadaw.
>
> Brig-Gen Lun Maung accepted K 100,000 donated by the families of the
Tatmadaw
> and wellwishers toward the trust funds of the Sarthintaik.
>
> Other cash donations included K 100,000 by Shwepyitha Industrial Zone, K
> 200,000 by U Thein Win and Daw Than Yin.family of Shwepyitha Township, K
> 100,000 by Daw Mya Kyi and family of Strand Road, K 105,000 by Township
> Development Committee (Roads/Bridges), K 100,000 by U Kyaw Win and Daw
Khin
> Swe Oo, K 50,000 by KN U Tin Win and Daw San Win, K 100,000 by Yangon
City
> Development Committee, K 31,276 by U Tin Win of Pabedan Township, K
10,000 by
> Yangon Division Peace and Development Council, K 10,000 by residents of
Ward-2
> and K 29,690 by residents of Ward 6/12 totalling over K 1 million.
>
> At the ceremony to offer robes and set up trust funds for Aungthawta
Nunnery,

> the congregation received the Eight Precepts from Chairman of Township
Sangha
> Nayaka Committee (Shwokyin) Presiding Sayadaw of Thukhitayamatawya
Kyaungtaik
> Bhaddanta Panac,akka.
>
> The Secretary-2 offered 65 sets of robes donated by the State Peace
> Development Council to Presiding Nun Sasanadhaja Dhammacariya Vinayadhara
> Missionary Dhammakathika Daw Yu Sanda.
>
> The commander and ministers presented over K 400,000 donated by the
families
> of the Tatmadaw and wellwishers for the trust funds of the Nunnery.
>
> Then, merits gained were shared.
>
> At the ceremony to offer robes and set up trust funds for Shwepyitha
Pariyatti
> Sarthintaik, Presiding Sayadaw of the Sarthintaik Tipidakadhara Bhaddanta
> Nagita administered the Five Precepts.
>
> The Secretary-2 the commander and ministers offered alms to Sayadaws.
>
> The Secretary-2 offered 76 sets of robes donated by the State Peace and
> Development Council to the Presiding Sayadaw.
>
> The families of the Tatmadaw, departments and wellwishers donated about K
1.5
> million for the
>
> Dhammayone under construction at the Sarthintaik and trust-funds. Similar
> ceremony was held at Dhammathukha Pariyatti Sarthintaik at noon.
>
> Presiding Sayadaw Bhaddanta Tejinda invested the congregation with Five
> Precepts.
>
> The Secretary-2 and party offered 58 pairs of robes donated by the State
Peace
> and Development Council to Sayadaws.
>
> Officials offered dry rations and edible oil donated by families of the
> Tatmadaw and Myanmar Edible Oil Dealers Association to the Presiding
Sayadaw.
> The departments and welwishers also donated 35 bags of rice, 20 viss of
edible
> oil and K 213,000 for trust-funds.
>
> Presiding Sayadaw Bhaddanta Tejinda delivered a sermon, followed by
sharing of
> merits gained for the good deeds.
>    _______________________
>
> (2)   Minister for Transport inspects wharves at Yangon Port
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec - Minister for Transport Lt-Gen Tin Ngwe inspected wharves
and
> projects at Yangon Port today.
>
> He arrived at Ahlon Wharf 2 Construction Project being undertaken by Asia
> World Company Ltd this morning and was welcomed there by Deputy Minister
for
> Transport Brig-Gen Kyaw Myint, Director-General of Transport Department U
Khin
> Maung Myint, U Maung Kyay of Asia World Company Ltd and officials.
>
> General Manager U Hlaing Swan of Myanma Port Authority briefed him on the
> types of wharves, U Maung Kyay on construction of Ahlon Wharf 2 and
future
> plans, Navigation Chief Officer U Win Aye of Myanma Five Star Line on
Thakayta
> Wharf and work undertaken there, and Adviser to MPA U Tin Ohn on Thakayta
Port
> Project.
>
> He inspected Ahlon Wharf 2 Project, and freight-handling and maintenance
work
> at Htidan Wharf 1.
>
> He later inspected Sule wharves and warehouses and left instructions on
> prevention of loss and wastage and maintenance of wharves.
>
>  _____________________
>
> (3)   Minister for Commerce discusses new paddy purchase systems in
> Kungyangon, Twantay
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec - Minister for Commerce Maj-Gen Kyaw Than together with
Deputy
> Minister Commodore Myo Tint and officials coordinated tasks for paddy
purchase
> and inspected rice mills in Kungyangon and Twantay Townships yesterday.
>
> He met rice dealers, millers, farmers and members of District and
Township
> Peace and Development Councils at the Township Peace and Development
Council
> Office.
>
> Speaking on the occasion, the minister said the government has to
purchase
> paddy to distribute rice to service personnel, Tatmadawmen, social
welfare
> organizations, project workers, prisoners and patients and this year,
paddy
> will be purchased by three systems.
>
> He said these purchase systems are to be applied for convenience of
farmers,
> and as paddy is to be purchased at the prevailing prices, farmers need to
sell
> quality paddy.
>
> The minister and party later met members of District, Township and Ward
Union
> Solidarity and Development Associations at the Township Law Office.
>
> Afterwards, they inspected No252 100-ton Rice Mill before proceeding to
> Twantay.
>
> Meeting farmers, rice dealers and millers, and departmental personnel at
> Twantay Township Peace and Development Council, the minister spoke about
the
> new paddy purchase systems.
>
> He also gave suggestions to the Township USDA members on the tasks for
> allround national development.
>
> The minister and party inspected No 202 50-ton Rice Mill before returning
> Yangon.
> ______________________
>
> (4)   Appointment of Ambassador of Austria agreed
>
> YANGON, 15 Dec-The Government of the Union of Myanmar has agreed to the
> appointment of Dr Georg Znidaric as Ambassador Extraordinary and
> Plenipotentiary of Austria to the Union of Myanmar in succession to HE Dr
> Nikolaus Scherk. Dr Znidaric was born on 30 August 1941 and obtained
Doctor of
> Law from the University of Vienna in 1968. He joined the Ministry for
Foreign
> Affairs in 1970 and has served in various capacities in the Austrian
Foreign
> Ministry and at Embassies in Budapest, Ankara, Nairobi, Lebanon and Ivory
> Coast.
>
> Dr Georg Znidaric is married and has two children. He is concurrently
> accredited as Ambassador to Thailand and Myanmar, with residence in
Bangkok.

> _____________________
>
> (5)   Advanced Training Course 1/97 for Skilled Construction Workers for
> dispatch                to Singapore opens
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec Opening ceremony of Advanced Training Course I/97 for
Skilled
> Construction Workers for dispatch to Singapore jointly organized by
Labour
> Department and Sinmar Tech Co Ltd was held at Pinlon Hall of Labour
Department
> in Ward 43 in Dagon Myothit (North) this morning, with an address by
Minister
> for Labour Vice-Admiral Tin Aye.
>
> Present were Minister for Hotels and Tourism MajGen Saw Lwin, Deputy
Minister
> for Labour U Kyaw Aye, directors-general under the Ministry of Labour,
> officials of Sinmar Tech Co Ltd and guests.
>
> Minister Vice-Admiral Tin Aye said investment and technology are needed
in
> building a peaceful, modern and developed nation and Labour Department is
> producing skilled workers for human resources development.
>
> Director-General of Labour Department U Tun Shwe and Chairman of Sinmar
Tech
> Co Ltd Mr Khoo Swee Kok spoke.
> The one-month course is being attended by 98 trainees. Experts of
Construction
> Industry Development Board will test their skills.
>
> Singapore-recognized certificates will be presented to qualified trainees
and
> arrangements have been made for their employment in Singapore.
> ____________________
>
> (6)   Cornerstone laid for construction of three-storey Thathanayanthi
> Kyaungsaung
>
> YANGON, I4 Dec-The cornerstone laying ceremony for construction of three-
> storey Thathanayanthi Kyaungsaung of Maha Bodhi Pariyatti Sarthintaik was
held
> there in Yankin Township this morning.
>
> It was attended by Minister for Religious Affairs Maj-Gen Sein Htwa,
Director-
> General of Department for Promotion and Propagation of the Sasana U Sann
Lwin,
> Commander of No 2 Military Region Col Hsan Hsint, Chairman of Yangon East
> District Peace and Development Council Lt-Col Aye Lwin, Chairman of
Township
> Peace and development Council U Kyaw Swa and members member of Board of
> Trustees and wellwishers.
>
> At the auspicious time, Presiding Sayadaw of Maha Bodhi Pariyatti
Sarthintaik
> Bhaddanta Panditabhivamsa laid the casket containing nine precious gems.
>
> Then, Minister Maj-Gen Sein Htwa and officials laid the cornerstones.
>
> Later, wellwishers donated cash K 1.7 million for the building to
Minister
> Maj-Gen Sein Htwa and officials.
> ______________________
>
> (7)   Myanmar second in Chiangmai World Women's Weightlifting C'ship
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec Myanmar women's weightlifting contingent which won two
golds,
> two silvers and two bronzes in the 11 th World Women's Weightlifting
> Championships in Chiangmai, Thailand, arrived loack here by air today.
>
> Myanmar contingent won 505 points in the 41nation events and stood
second.

> The contingent headed by President of Myanmar Women's Weightlifting
Federation
> U Myo Nyunt was welcomed back by Directors of Sports and and Physical
> Education Department Lt-Col Than Zaw and U Maung Win, other officials,
> President of Myanmar Women's Sports Federation Dr May May Yi and EC
members,
> officials of MWF and their relatives.
>
> _______________________
>
> (8)   Minister for Electric Power inspects installation of new
transformers

> YANGON, 14 Dec Minister for Electric Power Maj-Gen Tin Htut inspected
> installation of a new 300 KVA transformer in Ward 7, South Okkalapa, this
> morning.
>
> Meeting township officials, members of Ward Peace and Development
Councils and
> residents, he discussed maintenance of the transformer, replacement of
old
> cables with new ones, proper power supply and measures for fire
prevention.

> He later inspected the site designated for installation of a new
transformer
> at the corner of Anawma and Kawliya Streets in Ward 13.
>
> Next, he inspected the new 300 KVA transformer installed at the top of
the 4th
> Street in Sanpya Ward in Thingangyun Township and its capacity, the new
> transformer on Yangonthit
> Bayintnaung Road, and installation of new lamp-posts and meter boxes.
>
> _____________________
>
> (9)   Deputy Minister for Agriculture and Irrigation tours Shan State,
> Mandalay                       Division
>
> YANGON, 14 Dec-Deputy Minister for Agriculture and Irrigation Brig-Gen
Khin
> Maung discussed purchase of sugarcane with service personnel at
Shwenyaung
> Sugar Mill in southern Shan State on 11 December.
>
> He inspected milling and sugar production and potato and ginger
plantation in
> Heho Farm in Kalaw Township.
>
> The deputy minister inspected maintenance and water supply in Thettaw
> Reservoir and Hlinetet Canning Factory in Thazi Township.
>
> On 12 December, the deputy minister inspected storage of water in
Nyaungyan
> Minhla Lake, replacement of modern sluice gates and met member of Village
> Peace and Development Council and farmers.
>
> The deputy minister inspected renovation of regulating dam in Samon
Reservoir.
> On 13 December, he discussed the aims and tasks of the association and
> participation in building a peaceful, modern and developed nation in
meeting
> with EC members of Union Solidarity and Development Association in
Yamethin,

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Thar-du, Tha-du,-------<br><br>I think =
Ko Okkar can rephrase the following scoop in a certain way revealing the =
true happenings inside and beyond Rangoon. =
well-wishers offer robes, dry rations to<br>Sarthintaiks in =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Shwepyitha Township<br>YANGON, 14 Dec - Families of the =
Tatmadaw (Army, Navy and Air) and well-<br>wishers donated dry rations, =
edible oil, robes and cash to Sarthintaiks in<br>Shwepyitha Township, =
Yangon North District, at the respective Sarthintaiks<br>this =
morning.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br><br>Instead, it should be like =
this:<br>&#009;&quot;We, the families of the Tamadaw (Army, Navy and =
Air) and our conspirators [<i>after committing serial broad daylight =
robberies in urban and rural areas, prisoning all bread-winners taken =
away from their families and making innocent children fatherless and =
homeless</i>] donated dry rations [<i>confiscated from Karens, =
Karennies, Talaings, Pyus...</i>], edible oils [<i>saved from the =
Inn-sein jail-rations</i>], robes [<i>which were forcibly taken from =
democratic monks recently</i>] and cash [<i>we tried our best to =
accumulate extra-monies by sucessfully joint-venturing with =
Kyaung-dar-yaka U Khun Sa</i>] to Sarthinthaiks in Shwepyintha Township, =
Yangon North District, at the respective Sarthintaiks this morning. =
&nbsp;[<i>&quot;We did it to mitigate our sins and crimes so that we =
don't go together to hell.&quot;]</i><br>How is it? It sounds realistic. =
&nbsp;Feel free to consult me to co-edit your daily essays.<br>Myo =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; To: <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; Subject: THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR ( Monday,15 =
Dec 1997 )<br>&gt; Date: Monday, December 15, 1997 1:46 AM<br>&gt; =
*******************************************************************<br>&g=
t; (1) &nbsp;&nbsp;Families of Tatmadaw, well-wishers offer robes, dry =
rations to<br>&gt; Sarthintaiks in =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;Shwepyitha Township<br>&gt; (2) &nbsp;&nbsp;Minister for =
Transport inspects wharves at Yangon Port<br>&gt; (3) =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Minister for Commerce discusses new paddy purchase systems =
in<br>&gt; Kungyangon, Twantay<br>&gt; (4) &nbsp;&nbsp;Appointment of =
Ambassador of Austria agreed<br>&gt; (5) &nbsp;&nbsp;Advanced Training =
Course 1/97 for Skilled Construction Workers for<br>&gt; dispatch =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;to Singapore opens<br>&gt; (6) &nbsp;&nbsp;Cornerstone =
laid for construction of three-storey Thathanayanthi<br>&gt; =
Kyaungsaung<br>&gt; (7) &nbsp;&nbsp;Myanmar second in Chiangmai World =
Women's Weightlifting C'ship<br>&gt; (8) &nbsp;&nbsp;Minister for =
Electric Power inspects installation of new transformers<br>&gt; (9) =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Deputy Minister for Agriculture and Irrigation tours Shan =
State,<br>&gt; Mandalay =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Division<br>&g=
t; &nbsp;_______________________<br>&gt; <br>&gt; (1) =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Families of Tatmadaw, well-wishers offer robes, dry rations =
to<br>&gt; Sarthintaiks in =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Shwepyitha Township<br>&gt; <br>&gt; YANGON, 14 Dec - =
Families of the Tatmadaw (Army, Navy and Air) and well-<br>&gt; wishers =
donated dry rations, edible oil, robes and cash to Sarthintaiks =
in<br>&gt; Shwepyitha Township, Yangon North District, at the respective =
Secretary-2 of the State Peace and Development Council Lt-Gen =
Tin<br>&gt; Oo, member of the State Peace and Development Council =
Commander of Yangon<br>&gt; Command Maj-Gen Khin Maung Than, Minister =
for Education U Pan Aung, Minister<br>&gt; for Communications, Posts and =
Telegraphs U Soe Tha, Ministers at the Office of<br>&gt; the Prime =
Minister Brig-Gen Lun Maung and Maj-Gen Tin Ngwe, Deputy =
Minister<br>&gt; for Education Brig-Gen Soe Win Maung, Deputy Minister =
for Forestry Col Thaik<br>&gt; Tun, Vice-Chairman of the Yangon City =
Development Committee Vice-Mayor Col<br>&gt; Maung Pa and officials and =
donors.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; At the ceremony to offer robes and set up trust =
funds for Aungsantawya<br>&gt; Pariyatti Sarthintaik in Shwepyitha =
Township, the congregation received the<br>&gt; Five Precepts from =
Presiding Sayadaw Maha GandavaWaka Pandita Bhaddanta<br>&gt; =
Sujata.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The Secretary-2, the commander and ministers =
offered alms to Sayadaws.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The Secretary-2 offered 95 =
sets of robes donated by the State Peace and<br>&gt; Development Council =
to the Presiding Sayadaw.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Brig-Gen Lun Maung accepted K =
100,000 donated by the families of the Tatmadaw<br>&gt; and wellwishers =
toward the trust funds of the Sarthintaik.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Other cash =
donations included K 100,000 by Shwepyitha Industrial Zone, K<br>&gt; =
200,000 by U Thein Win and Daw Than Yin.family of Shwepyitha Township, =
K<br>&gt; 100,000 by Daw Mya Kyi and family of Strand Road, K 105,000 by =
Township<br>&gt; Development Committee (Roads/Bridges), K 100,000 by U =
Kyaw Win and Daw Khin<br>&gt; Swe Oo, K 50,000 by KN U Tin Win and Daw =
San Win, K 100,000 by Yangon City<br>&gt; Development Committee, K =
31,276 by U Tin Win of Pabedan Township, K 10,000 by<br>&gt; Yangon =
Division Peace and Development Council, K 10,000 by residents of =
Ward-2<br>&gt; and K 29,690 by residents of Ward 6/12 totalling over K 1 =
million.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; At the ceremony to offer robes and set up =
trust funds for Aungthawta Nunnery,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; the congregation =
received the Eight Precepts from Chairman of Township Sangha<br>&gt; =
Nayaka Committee (Shwokyin) Presiding Sayadaw of Thukhitayamatawya =
Secretary-2 offered 65 sets of robes donated by the State Peace<br>&gt; =
Development Council to Presiding Nun Sasanadhaja Dhammacariya =
Vinayadhara<br>&gt; Missionary Dhammakathika Daw Yu Sanda.<br>&gt; =
the families<br>&gt; of the Tatmadaw and wellwishers for the trust funds =
of the Nunnery.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Then, merits gained were =
shared.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; At the ceremony to offer robes and set up trust =
funds for Shwepyitha Pariyatti<br>&gt; Sarthintaik, Presiding Sayadaw of =
the Sarthintaik Tipidakadhara Bhaddanta<br>&gt; Nagita administered the =
Five Precepts.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The Secretary-2 the commander and =
ministers offered alms to Sayadaws.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The Secretary-2 =
offered 76 sets of robes donated by the State Peace and<br>&gt; =
Development Council to the Presiding Sayadaw.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The =
families of the Tatmadaw, departments and wellwishers donated about K =
construction at the Sarthintaik and trust-funds. Similar<br>&gt; =
ceremony was held at Dhammathukha Pariyatti Sarthintaik at noon.<br>&gt; =
offered 58 pairs of robes donated by the State Peace<br>&gt; and =
Development Council to Sayadaws.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Officials offered dry =
rations and edible oil donated by families of the<br>&gt; Tatmadaw and =
Myanmar Edible Oil Dealers Association to the Presiding Sayadaw.<br>&gt; =
The departments and welwishers also donated 35 bags of rice, 20 viss of =
Presiding Sayadaw Bhaddanta Tejinda delivered a sermon, followed by =
sharing of<br>&gt; merits gained for the good deeds.<br>&gt; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;_______________________<br>&gt; <br>&gt; (2) =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Minister for Transport inspects wharves at Yangon =
Port<br>&gt; <br>&gt; YANGON, 14 Dec - Minister for Transport Lt-Gen Tin =
Ngwe inspected wharves and<br>&gt; projects at Yangon Port =
today.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; He arrived at Ahlon Wharf 2 Construction Project =
being undertaken by Asia<br>&gt; World Company Ltd this morning and was =
welcomed there by Deputy Minister for<br>&gt; Transport Brig-Gen Kyaw =
Myint, Director-General of Transport Department U Khin<br>&gt; Maung =
Myint, U Maung Kyay of Asia World Company Ltd and officials.<br>&gt; =
him on the<br>&gt; types of wharves, U Maung Kyay on construction of =
Ahlon Wharf 2 and future<br>&gt; plans, Navigation Chief Officer U Win =
Aye of Myanma Five Star Line on Thakayta<br>&gt; Wharf and work =
undertaken there, and Adviser to MPA U Tin Ohn on Thakayta Port<br>&gt; =
Project.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; He inspected Ahlon Wharf 2 Project, and =
freight-handling and maintenance work<br>&gt; at Htidan Wharf 1.<br>&gt; =
instructions on<br>&gt; prevention of loss and wastage and maintenance =
14 Dec - Minister for Commerce Maj-Gen Kyaw Than together with =
Deputy<br>&gt; Minister Commodore Myo Tint and officials coordinated =
tasks for paddy purchase<br>&gt; and inspected rice mills in Kungyangon =
and Twantay Townships yesterday.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; He met rice dealers, =
millers, farmers and members of District and Township<br>&gt; Peace and =
Development Councils at the Township Peace and Development =
minister said the government has to purchase<br>&gt; paddy to distribute =
rice to service personnel, Tatmadawmen, social welfare<br>&gt; =
organizations, project workers, prisoners and patients and this year, =
said these purchase systems are to be applied for convenience of =
farmers,<br>&gt; and as paddy is to be purchased at the prevailing =
minister and party later met members of District, Township and Ward =
Union<br>&gt; Solidarity and Development Associations at the Township =
Law Office.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Afterwards, they inspected No252 100-ton =
farmers, rice dealers and millers, and departmental personnel at<br>&gt; =
Twantay Township Peace and Development Council, the minister spoke about =
suggestions to the Township USDA members on the tasks for<br>&gt; =
allround national development.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The minister and party =
inspected No 202 50-ton Rice Mill before returning to<br>&gt; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Appointment of Ambassador of Austria agreed<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
YANGON, 15 Dec-The Government of the Union of Myanmar has agreed to =
the<br>&gt; appointment of Dr Georg Znidaric as Ambassador Extraordinary =
and<br>&gt; Plenipotentiary of Austria to the Union of Myanmar in =
succession to HE Dr<br>&gt; Nikolaus Scherk. Dr Znidaric was born on 30 =
August 1941 and obtained Doctor of<br>&gt; Law from the University of =
Vienna in 1968. He joined the Ministry for Foreign<br>&gt; Affairs in =
1970 and has served in various capacities in the Austrian =
Foreign<br>&gt; Ministry and at Embassies in Budapest, Ankara, Nairobi, =
married and has two children. He is concurrently<br>&gt; accredited as =
Ambassador to Thailand and Myanmar, with residence in Bangkok.<br>&gt; =
Training Course 1/97 for Skilled Construction Workers for<br>&gt; =
dispatch =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;to Singapore opens<br>&gt; <br>&gt; YANGON, 14 Dec =
Opening ceremony of Advanced Training Course I/97 for Skilled<br>&gt; =
Construction Workers for dispatch to Singapore jointly organized by =
Labour<br>&gt; Department and Sinmar Tech Co Ltd was held at Pinlon Hall =
of Labour Department<br>&gt; in Ward 43 in Dagon Myothit (North) this =
morning, with an address by Minister<br>&gt; for Labour Vice-Admiral Tin =
Aye.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Present were Minister for Hotels and Tourism =
MajGen Saw Lwin, Deputy Minister<br>&gt; for Labour U Kyaw Aye, =
directors-general under the Ministry of Labour,<br>&gt; officials of =
Sinmar Tech Co Ltd and guests.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Minister Vice-Admiral =
Tin Aye said investment and technology are needed in<br>&gt; building a =
peaceful, modern and developed nation and Labour Department is<br>&gt; =
producing skilled workers for human resources development.<br>&gt; =
of Sinmar Tech<br>&gt; Co Ltd Mr Khoo Swee Kok spoke.<br>&gt; The =
one-month course is being attended by 98 trainees. Experts of =
Construction<br>&gt; Industry Development Board will test their =
skills.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Singapore-recognized certificates will be =
presented to qualified trainees and<br>&gt; arrangements have been made =
for their employment in Singapore.<br>&gt; ____________________<br>&gt; =
I4 Dec-The cornerstone laying ceremony for construction of =
three-<br>&gt; storey Thathanayanthi Kyaungsaung of Maha Bodhi Pariyatti =
Sarthintaik was held<br>&gt; there in Yankin Township this =
morning.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; It was attended by Minister for Religious =
Affairs Maj-Gen Sein Htwa, Director-<br>&gt; General of Department for =
Promotion and Propagation of the Sasana U Sann Lwin,<br>&gt; Commander =
of No 2 Military Region Col Hsan Hsint, Chairman of Yangon East<br>&gt; =
District Peace and Development Council Lt-Col Aye Lwin, Chairman of =
Township<br>&gt; Peace and development Council U Kyaw Swa and members =
the auspicious time, Presiding Sayadaw of Maha Bodhi Pariyatti =
Sarthintaik<br>&gt; Bhaddanta Panditabhivamsa laid the casket containing =
nine precious gems.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Then, Minister Maj-Gen Sein Htwa =
and officials laid the cornerstones.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Later, wellwishers =
donated cash K 1.7 million for the building to Minister<br>&gt; Maj-Gen =
(7) &nbsp;&nbsp;Myanmar second in Chiangmai World Women's Weightlifting =
C'ship<br>&gt; <br>&gt; YANGON, 14 Dec Myanmar women's weightlifting =
contingent which won two golds,<br>&gt; two silvers and two bronzes in =
the 11 th World Women's Weightlifting<br>&gt; Championships in =
Chiangmai, Thailand, arrived loack here by air today.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
Myanmar contingent won 505 points in the 41nation events and stood =
second.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The contingent headed by President of Myanmar =
Women's Weightlifting Federation<br>&gt; U Myo Nyunt was welcomed back =
by Directors of Sports and and Physical<br>&gt; Education Department =
Lt-Col Than Zaw and U Maung Win, other officials,<br>&gt; President of =
Myanmar Women's Sports Federation Dr May May Yi and EC members,<br>&gt; =
officials of MWF and their relatives.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
_______________________<br>&gt; <br>&gt; (8) &nbsp;&nbsp;Minister for =
Electric Power inspects installation of new transformers<br>&gt; =
inspected<br>&gt; installation of a new 300 KVA transformer in Ward 7, =
officials, members of Ward Peace and Development Councils and<br>&gt; =
residents, he discussed maintenance of the transformer, replacement of =
old<br>&gt; cables with new ones, proper power supply and measures for =
fire prevention.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; He later inspected the site designated =
for installation of a new transformer<br>&gt; at the corner of Anawma =
and Kawliya Streets in Ward 13.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Next, he inspected the =
new 300 KVA transformer installed at the top of the 4th<br>&gt; Street =
in Sanpya Ward in Thingangyun Township and its capacity, the new<br>&gt; =
transformer on Yangonthit<br>&gt; Bayintnaung Road, and installation of =
new lamp-posts and meter boxes.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
_____________________<br>&gt; <br>&gt; (9) &nbsp;&nbsp;Deputy Minister =
for Agriculture and Irrigation tours Shan State,<br>&gt; Mandalay =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Division<br>&g=
t; <br>&gt; YANGON, 14 Dec-Deputy Minister for Agriculture and =
Irrigation Brig-Gen Khin<br>&gt; Maung discussed purchase of sugarcane =
with service personnel at Shwenyaung<br>&gt; Sugar Mill in southern Shan =
State on 11 December.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; He inspected milling and sugar =
production and potato and ginger plantation in<br>&gt; Heho Farm in =
Kalaw Township.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The deputy minister inspected =
maintenance and water supply in Thettaw<br>&gt; Reservoir and Hlinetet =
Canning Factory in Thazi Township.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; On 12 December, the =
deputy minister inspected storage of water in Nyaungyan<br>&gt; Minhla =
Lake, replacement of modern sluice gates and met member of =
Village<br>&gt; Peace and Development Council and farmers.<br>&gt; =
Samon Reservoir.<br>&gt; On 13 December, he discussed the aims and tasks =
of the association and<br>&gt; participation in building a peaceful, =
modern and developed nation in meeting<br>&gt; with EC members of Union =
Solidarity and Development Association in Yamethin,<br>&gt; Pyawbwe, =
Tatkon, Pyinmana and Lewe Townships.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
/p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BD0942.0CA0D3C0--