For Immediate Release

12/06/97

The Rangoon Post is sent out to 40 diplomats, 20 senators, and 10 congressmen,
100 academics, 40 journalists, 25 ngos, and 65 students and activists all over
the world on Dec. 1.

First of all, we would like to apologize every subscriber for late
distribution due to technical problems of our computers.

Yet, The Rangoon Post has been financed by no one expect our board members'
pocket money. The cost of the post's publications and distributions are $
500.00 for per month without searching news, typing fees, and three news
researchers. The post has been releasing 8 issues since March 1997. The post
will issue until democracy is restored in Burma. Therefore, we invite everyone
to distribute articles, news, pictures, and essays.

The purpose of the The Rangoon Post:
The Rangoon Post is an independent news journal, not-for-profit, is published
in the United States to inform human rights abuses, use of forced labors, and
drugs trafficking by the present ruling Burmese junta to the world community
and to the people of Burma. The post also introduces the growing divestment
movements and imposing economic sanctions against the junta by every form of
governments in Canada, Europe, and The United States and  updates current
situations and democracy movements in Burma and abroad.

Our board members of The Rangoon Post are also practicing freedom of
expression and media networking for the future establishment of The Rangoon
Post as an English daily paper in Burma when the democratically elected
government is restored. In the mean time, The Rangoon Post is recruiting
journalists and experts for future Burma's media freedom.

Board Members:
Editor-In-Chief:  Nyi Nyi Lwin
News Editor:Philip McCracken, III
General Manager: Tin Tin Moe
Publication Manager: Shwe S. Tun
Distribution Director: Yin Aye

The Rangoon Post
P.O.BOX 64
Rockville, MD 20848
U.S.A.

Tel/Fax (301) 984-6271
E-Mail: RANGOONP@xxxxxxx
BurmaJapan@xxxxxxx

How to Subscribe The Rangoon Post:
Just sent your addresses by either e-mail or postal mail so that we are able
to deliver the post directly to your homes, offices, and post boxes.

Thank you very much.

Nyi Nyi Lwin (Chief Editor)
THE WHITE HOUSE

   For Immediate Release

   No. 98-6

   December 2, 1997

   MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE

   Presidential Determination Report to

   Congress Regarding Conditions in  Burma

   and U.S. Policy Toward  Burma

   Pursuant to the requirements set forth under the heading
"Policy Toward  Burma"  in section 570(d) of the FY 1997 Foreign
Operations Appropriations Act, as contained in the Omnibus
Consolidated Appropriations Act (Public Law 104-208), a report is
required every 6 months following enactment concerning:

   1) progress toward democratization in  Burma;

   2) progress on improving the quality of life of the Burmese
people, including progress on market reforms, living standards,
labor standards, use of forced labor in the tourism industry, and
environmental quality; and

   3) progress made in developing a comprehensive, multilateral
strategy to bring democracy to and improve human rights practices
and the quality of life in  Burma,  including the development of a
dialogue between the State Law and Order Restoration Council
(SLORC) and democratic opposition groups in  Burma.   (Note: The White House
has not got the new name of Burmese regime, SPDC)

   You are hereby authorized and directed to transmit the
attached report fulfilling this requirement to the appropriate
committees of the Congress and to arrange for publication of this
memorandum in the Federal Register.

   WILLIAM J. CLINTON

REGION: 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals - Virginia, West Virginia, North
Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, D.C.

INDUSTRY-CODE: Executive, legislative, and general government, except finance

LANGUAGE: ENGLISH

LOAD-DATE: December 5, 1997