[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index
Aung San Suu Kyi International Chil
Press release by INDIA-MYANMAR (BURMA) FRIENDSHIP SOCIETY
Aung San Suu Kyi International Child Literature Award
Being highly impressed with the life values of the great National leader
of Burma and taking taking the importance and similarities in
life-values and cultural relations between India and Burma, as a focal
point, India Myanmar Friendship Society has decided to set up " Aung San
Suu Kyi International Child literature award ". As this year is the year
of Golden jubilee of freedom of Burma, the decision of India- Myanmar
friendship society is replete with the feeling of world friendship,
exchange of cultural values, strengthening of democracy and human
welfare. Life of Aung San Suu Kyi is a source of inspiration not only
for Burma but also for entire world. Literature does not represent only
a community, society or a nation, but is a direct reflection of cultural
heritage. Child literature serve as a foundation for the life values.
Child literature develops healthy mental attitudes, which in turn are
the fundamental assets for any developed nation. Child literature is
also important because it creates and interest in these building talents
and attracts and involves them with literature. Thus Child Literature
serves as the base for any literature.
Rules and Regulation:
- Child literature may be of any region or country but it must have been
published in Hindi or English.
- Literature written in other languages must have the basic Hindi of
English translation with it.
- Entries for awards should be sent at the office address, last date for
the entries is 12th February 1998.
- It is necessary to send four copies of book published within 3 years
or before the year of award.
- Every year one child author will be awarded Rs 25000/00, a shawl and
certificate of appreciation.
- The decision of the panel of judges will be final.
- One author can send only one entry every year.
- Every published book must have with it a certificate of originality.
- The entry for consideration may originally be in any language but
should have been published in Hindi or English.
- For entries invited for Child Literature Award at International level
and for all decision, the head-office will remain in Delhi (India) only.
- The selected author will be paid the travel expenses as per the rule.
- The decision taken after the receipt of the entries will be intimated
to the winning author by post.
- Award will be presented every year on 19th June, the birthday of Aung
San Suu Kyi.
- Change in rules and regulations are possible according to the
- Entries can also the send to
Indo- Myanmar (Burma) Friendship Society
C/O Oxford Senior Secondary School
E- Block, Vikaspuri,
New Delhi 110018
Chander Prakash Prabhakar,
(Maw Thi Ri)
India Myanmar (Burma) Friendship Society
New Delhi (INDIA)