Boycott Ericsson's Mobile Phone

!Boycott Ericsson's Mobile Phone!

Ericsson Australia is the largest supplier of cellular phones in Burma.
Ericsson has been selling cellular phones and Advanced Mobile Phone
Systems(AMPS) in Burma since November 1992. Ericsson Australia even
maintained an office
in Rangoon to look for future opportunities.
While in most countries, the arrival of new communications technology is
hailed as a great step forward, for the people of Burma advanced
telecommunications equipment provides the military junta known as the State
Law andOrder Restoration Council(SLORC) an effective tool for oppression.
The SLORC's pervasive human rights abuse extensively documented by the
Unite Nations, Amnesty International and the Australian government,
civilians are routinely used by the army as forced labour, ethnic groups
are persecuted and democracy activists are subjected to years of
imprisonment.
The SLORC continue to rule the country illegitimately after refusing to
transfer power to the National League for Democracy which won 82% of the
vote in
the 1990 elections. The SLORC spends 50% of the government's annual budget
on the army.
The average Burmese person does not have access to mobile phones. Four
decades of brutal military dictatorship accompanied by gross mismanagement
of the Burmese economy has reduced Burma to the sinus of least developed
country.
Many places atill do not have ordinary telephones.Only the military elite
and their business partners can afford the luxury of a mobile phone.

FREE  BURMA
BOYCOTT  ERICSSON'S  MOBILE  PHONES
TELL  ERICSSON TO GET OUT OF BURMA!

General Secretary
All Burma Students' Democratic Organization
Ph;(02)95793847 / (02)96462614