Eco-Scrap & AQMD

Today in LA, Kevin Rudiger, Carol Richards, and I spoke at the South Coast
Air Quality Management District's (AQMD) Board meeting.  Apparently, they
were proposing to contract a $292,500 deal with Eco-Scrap, one of the
subsidiaries of UNOCAL, and we were there to stop them.

We spoke about the issue involving Burma and Unocal and were only
successful in getting a revisit to vote on the issue, but it eventually
passed.  Most likely, UNOCAL will hear about our presence.  Although it
seems a failure, we did, however, meet one person willing to draft a
resolution in his district after hearing our talks.

Contact the AQMD to represent your sorrow that they have contracted with
UNOCAL's subsidiaries and to reinvestigate their options, especially in the
wake of selective purchasing ordinances and resolutions.

Their web site is at: http://www.aqmd.gov

Address:

South Coast Air Quality Management District
21865 E. Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA  91765-4182
(909) 396-2000

or email them at: