South-east Asia Games.

     Myanmar, which takes on Thailand in the Group A opener today, has
     promised to knock Singapore out of the competition.

     With new Russian coach Leonid Pribylouski at the helm, Myanmar is
     looking forward to regaining the soccer glory it enjoyed when the
     Games were first introduced.

     Said the team's assistant coach Myo Win Nyunt: "Our target is the
     gold and it is not only Singapore we want to beat but also Thailand.

     "We are no more the side you saw in the Tiger Cup in Singapore. This
     present team isfitter, faster and stronger.

     "Wait and see tomorrow."

     Singapore plays Myanmar on Tuesday.

     [Strait-Times, 6 Octoboer 1997]