RFA (Burma) Broadcasting Regarding

Dear Taw Kyaung Thar and friends,
		I am heartly sorry to learn that some of us really don?t know and
don?t still realize our real situation on the border.
		Please think a moment about what you are saying.  First think where
the word "NATIONAL INTEREST" often came from.  We often heard that word
from SLORC whenever it wanted to cover something and it wanted to stop
accusation for what it did.  Well, you are saying the same so that all
can stop pointing out the mistakes that ABSDF and others made.  Do you
know what BLIND SUPPORT means?  Blind support can be destructive and it
will never help to direct the right way.  In fact, without saying and
pointing out mistakes, it will destroy the struggle.  We must learn
lessons from those mistakes so that we can stop and prevent such evil
happenings.  Rumour and news are much different and when you say
rumours, you must know what you are saying.  That execution really
happened and ABSDF claimed that they were spies.  I think you should
know that too.  When asking or preventing the revelation of such news,
you are exercising BSPP and SLORC?s dark era and you are censoring as
dictators do.  All authoritarian regimes censor the revelation of news.
		I don?t know your age and I don?t know where you had been from 1962 to
1988.  You, me and almost all grew up under the repressive regime.  Your
parents  must to work under BSPP and my parents too.  You, me and all
needed to survive under that regime.  There was no way you and your
family could evade from that system.  U Soe Thinn worked with BSPP and
that was so sure.  However, he defected from this situation.  Don?t you
accept such defection?  Do you hate your parents and yourself for such
situation that forced you to work with BSPP for your survival?  We must
accept everyone who realizes what he / she did isn?t proper and who
defects.
		Why did you get to Canada and why did you leave the border struggle?
Just think about that.  Why did you leave from ABSDF and why did you
need to come to Bangkok?  Those are important to think.  If you, me and
all who once worked with ABSDF satisfied with the leadership and its
capability, we shouldn?t have left it.  We all keep quiet what happened
and we all abandoned it instead of attempting to change it.  Have you
carefully read, Bertil Litner?s "OUTRAGE"?  If you had done, you would
have seen what he pointed out about ABSDF from the start.  If we don?t
point out the mistake and if we don?t try to change the wrong to the
right, when can we change?  Will you keep quiet and stop doing right
things when SLORC says " it is not the time and they are doing  those
mistakes for THE NATIONAL INTEREST"? When will be the right time then?
The National Interest should never be an excuse for what we did wrong.
When we know today that we are doing something wrong, we must have
courage to change that.  Can you think why SLORC can?t accept the
change?
		Where has ABSDF been heading?  There were thousands of students on the
border in 1988 and in 1989.  But, now a couple hundred students remain
in ABSDF.  Last month, September alone about 200 students and families
surrendered (I don?t have confirmation about it yet.) in southern Burma.
Over 60 students left ABSDF and came to Bangkok to apply UNHCR within
July, August and September.  Why are those happening?  What is ABSDF
doing to take measue of such happening?  We should think, learn and take
action about the rise and fall of it.  If we still don?t realize the
fall, we are definitely heading to the end of the struggle on the
border.
In ABSDF, Naing Aung and Aung Htoo led group wants to form a political
party (Well! a new one again) and Moe Thee Zune wants to remain as
ABSDF.  They have three month long testing moment and now it is about
one and half month only left.  It is not appropriate to form a new
political party amid this depressing situation.  But it is time to unify
all (but not with the way - to urge other groups to  work under its
ultimate control).  The longer we are different, the more we will be
away from our goal and the more the people will be suppressed.  Though
ABSDF?s influence is falling, it still has something to organize for the
ultimate unity and to unify and merge all groups and all people
together.  ABSDF should take that role rather than thinking to form a
new political stand for its leaders.   It is not the time for personal
gain and personal politics.  It is the time for dedication for the
country and the people.  ABSDF is at not its end yet and it still has
time to learn from the mistakes and to change to the right.  The
comparison of past situation and present situation on the border will
teach us and contribute many lessons that we certainly need to take
seriously.   We have formed many new organizations already.  But, we
still don?t achieve the ultimate unity among us.  It is the fundamental
need for the success.  We don?t need any more political party but we
certainly need unity (not only on the paper).
It is very sad in our generation that no leader serve as ordinary person
in a group after he  loses his position.  Look back to the ABSDF?s
former leaders.  When their turn was finished as the leaders, they left
the group the settled in other countries.  Very amazing leadership!
I wish Taw Kyaung Thar and friends could learn and exercise democracy
while living in Canada and learn more effective things for the
revolution instead of blind support.
Nyein Chan

(PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS VERY SILLY TO ACCUSE SOMEONE AS A SPY.  THAT
BEHAVIOUR NEGATES OUR PROGRESS.)

>From owner-maykha-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sat Oct  4 18:51:05 1997
>Date:         Sat, 4 Oct 1997 18:34:47 -0700
>Sender:       Burmese Scholars and Students Around The World
>              <MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>From:         Moe Long <jungle-88@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject:      RFA (Burma) Broadcasting Regarding the Execution by
ABSDF..
>To:           MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Radio Free Asia (Burma) Under U Soe Thin  and  recent broadcasting of
the execution
>by ABSDF
>

>As a pro-democracy Burmese student, I suspect that many SLORC people
have infiltrated
>the radio programs in Burmese from America.
>

>We had an unpleasant experience with Myint Myint Zaw who collaborated
with SLORC,
>by neglecting to broadcast DASSK's interview and broadcasting Khin
Nyunt's interview
>instead. She went to Burma, Khin Nyunt greeted with red carpet, and
arranged a special
>airplane for her to travel to Pagan and Mandalay. Fortunately, that
SLORC mole was
>quickly removed from VOA as many pro-democracy protested.
>
>Now, RFA (Burma) is going along the same lines. People should
understand that an
>armed struggle is hard to manage in proper. There are no regular legal
process in
>the jungle, people have different psycho-status as being pressured by
jungle life,
>and, most important of all, SLORC infiltration is everywhere. Under
these circumstances,
>anything can happen.
>
>The execution by ABSDF is not acceptable. But, who is to blame. Any
mistake/error
>can occur. Everybody who has been through the jungle life understands
this. Though
>these mistakes are not acceptable, they should not be magnified by
putting on the
>airwaves. Airwaves go everywhere. And, any broadcasting like this is
"advantageous"
>to SLORC.
>
>I am asking who is perfect. I am wondering if RFA (Burma) under U Soe
Thin might
>want to broadcast all the gossips regarding such important political
organizations
>as NCGUB, CRDB, DBSO, and so on. Since nobody is perfect, things
sometimes can go
>wrong. But, what RFA (Burma) should consider is national interest.
>
>We really doubt that U Soe Thin is behind this smear campaign. We never
trust him
>based on his background. My Burmese friends here in Canada, who have
been living
>for 20 years, told me that he was a prominent official from BSPP
(Ma-Sa-La) embassy
>before 1988. He is highly snobbish and really oppressive to the Burmese
in Canada.
>He was never willing to help the Burmese if they want to apply new
passports etc.
>And, he has a lot of connections with Ma-Sa- La military officers. And,
he still
>keeps in touch with SLORC military officers who are his old friends.
Friends from