SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS (r)

It was a cheap shot!  An easy quote.  Are we supposed to be impressed that
Mr Aung Zaw is "independent"?  Sorry!

How about giving Daw Suu and NLD the benefit of the doubt?  They aren't
stupid.  They aren't selfish. They aren't stubborn.  They are in a tight
spot, quite like the various ethnic groups prior to signing disasterous
"cease-fires."  SLORC is trying to divide and destroy NLD, return it to the
"legal fold."

NLD should talk with the SLORC?  on SLORC's terms?  with SLORC naming the
participants, chosing the venue, deciding the outcome, determing the press
release and controlling the whole show? Where is the opposition in that?
Where is the free press standing here?  On SLORC's side?  SLORC holds all
the guns.  They control everything except public opinion, and Mr. Aung Zaw
wants to swing that in their favor too?  A damn shame.