ko ko oo ([email protected]) and burm

Dear Ko Ko Oo,
    I know you are just joking with me.  But you shouldn't joke like
that on the Internet.  The burmanet is a serious listserve that is
dedicated to providing news about Burma and the free Burma campaign.  It
makes me angry when people joke, send their personal mail, or gossip
about unimportant things on the burmanet.  When you and others joke on
the burmanet, you bother other readers because they have take time and
clean up their mail.  I don't want to use bad language like asshole or
bitch for people who use the burmanet for their personal or social life.
I can save those words for the SLORC.  But the free Burma campaign is
not a joke.  The twelve thousand students who were killed in 1988 are
not a joke.  The people who are killed everyday, who are tortured, who
remain in jail, and who suffer everyday under the evil system of the
SLORC are not a joke.
    I think many people use the burmanet in order to get attention or
gain popularity.  They want to show that they are intelligent by showing
that they know English or are computer literate.  For example, Myint Swe
in Canada sends a lot of stupid messages and really bothers other
readers on the burmanet. I feel very upset and embarrassed when this
happens.  I don't want people to look down on the free Burma campaign.
I want people to know that we are serious and committed with all our
hearts to achieving democracy in Burma.  I don't want people to think we
are just joking around or are jealous and gossiping about each other or
ignorant.  I hope that people, not only you, will consider the burmanet
a serious forum for discussing and learning about Burma and the free
Burma campaign.
    If you want to joke, that's fine.  You can send the mail to my
personal address or anyone else you want to communicate directly with.

Thanks,
Shwe Htee (8.8.88)