to prof;Makiko Tanaka (r)

I am shocked and deeply disturbed to read the quoted article by Prof.
Kaneko. How can a university professor formulate such a poor (and  perhaps,
racist and sexist) argument against Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the Burmese
people?

But according to Mr. Hiroshi NAGAI (_SEKAI_ August 1997), a "Suu Kyi
bashing" seems to be popular in Japan at the moment. Those bashers treat
her as if she were a TV talent. They make an idol of her one day, and
destroy it the next day. The spiritual and moral qualities she emanates are
beyond their comprehension.

It is waste of time to refute each point raised in such a miserable
article, but I would like everyone to know that there are a number of
Japanese people, including myself, who deeply respect and strongly support
the struggle of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the Burmese people.

Mikio OISHI