Update-KL Asean Meetings

The Altsean-Burma Secretariat is attempting to compile a brief report and
analysis of the recent Asean Ministerial Meeting and Asean Regional Forum in
Kuala Lumpur.

If you know of any statements, actions, or articles written about the
meetings or the welcoming ceremony for Slorc, please let us know about it.
Your comments and analysis would also be appreciated.

We are also looking for clippings from newspapers and magazines on the
meetings. It does not matter if the clipping came from a publication outside
the region. If you wish to send us a clipping or copy of a clipping, please
send by post or fax to:

Alternative Asean Network on Burma (ALTSEN-BURMA)
c/o Forum Asia
109 Suthisarnwinichai Rd
Samsennok, Huaykwang
Bangkok 10320
Thailand

Fax: 66 2 693 4515

Our deadlline for this compilation is August 15th.

Meanwhile, a shorter report of the KL Asean Meeting written from the
personal point of view of a Burma activist is available by request. Pls
email us if you are interested.

In solidarity,

Debbie Stothard
Coordinator