I don't understand. Explain to me i (r)

Subject: Re: I don't understand. Explain to me if you can.

>>From: PEPPER4336@xxxxxxx
>>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: I don't understand. Explain to me if you can.
>>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 97 23:10:13 +0000
>>
>>Subject: I don't understand. Explain to me if you can.
>>
>> An upper echelon civil servant or military officer in Burma, I was
told,
>>makes Kyats 2400 a month. If this is true, how can a general  afford
to send
>>his child to a United States college or university on a $9.23 a month
income
>>( the current rate of exchange being $1.00 = Kyats 260) ?
>>The second thing that bothers me is this: Generals have accused the
United
>>States of being neocolonialists. Then why are they having their
children
>>educated in a neocolonial power? Explain to me if you can, please!

Because SLORC Generals are financial wizard like Hillary Clinton.  Maung
Aye donated 5,000,000.00 Kyats to his old high school in Mandalay last
year.  With salary he  currently making, he have to save 130 years
without spending a single pya to donate that amount of kyats. His
grandpapa is not that rich.  So, his excellence in investment and
trading can only find the amount of money we are talking about like
Hillary did in cattle future trading.  But Burma does not trade much
cattle.   He was the commander of Burma's North Eastern command that
control the Shan State. So, go figure!!