statement of ABSDO for action.

SUPPORT THE ACTION AGAINST ON ASEAN
***********************************

We,All Burma Students'Democratic Organisation (ABSDO), strongly support
the action(hunger-strike of burmese students and activists in Maneeloy
student centre in Thailand so-called safe-area) against ASEAN.

They (hunger-strickers) are not only represent the community from
Maneeloi camp but also entire people from Burma. We belive that their
action makes effectively to the world community to pay attention on
which ASEAN accept SLORC (regime of Burma) as a member of its
association.

The ASEAN's move which accept the SLORC, is directly impact to entire
people of Burma and create to prolong the argony of the people of
Burma.It's policy on Burma so-call 'constructive engagement' which was
fomulated by Thailand,is really distructive on innocent people of Burma
and it will only support the notorious military junta (SLORC) to
continue to hold the power of the country.

Therefore, we strongly condemn the ASEAN and we demand that;
(1) ASEAN's decision on Burma must be immediately abandoned.
(2) The constructive engagement policy must be reviewed.
(3) The result of the 1990 election must be honoured.

Central Excecutive Committee
All Burma Students' Democratic Organisation
AUSTRALIA

Date...July 23,1997.

	News and Information Dept.
	All Burma Students' Democratic Organisation (ABSDO) [Australia]
	Tel/Fax: 61+03+98132613