Ananta Thuriya Poem (r)

Heiio|
Here is the translation of the whole poetry taken from the  Glass Palace
Chronicle of the kings of Burma [Hmannanyazawin] translated by Pe Maung
Tin and G.H. Luce.
[Anantathuriya's death song]
When one attains property,
Another is sure to perish.
It is the law of nature.
Happiness of life as king-
Having a golden palace to dwell in,
Court life, with a host of ministers about one,
Enjoyment__showdow__peace,
No break to felicity__
Is but a bubble mounting for a moment to the surface of the ocean.
Though he kill me not,
But in mercy and pity release me,
I shall not escape my karma.
Man's stark-seeming body
Lasteth not ever;
Verily it is the nature of every living thing to decay.
Thy slave,I beg
But to bow down in homage and adore thee|
If the wheel of samsara
Mpast deeds offer me vantage,
I seek not for vengeance.
Nay,master, mine awe of thee is too strong|
If I might, yet I would not touch thee;
I would let thee pass without scathe.
Dissolution lures the elements of my body.

                 THE END
karma and samsara are Pali words, karma meaning  desire,urge wish,etc,
which you think good are actually leading to trouble in life,samsara,
meaning something like incarnation, rebirth, next life,etc.It means
the poet would not take revange on the king who had ordered his men
to kill him, even if he had achance to do so.
When these four stanzas were read before the king [Narapatisithu]
and hr heard them,he commanded,saying,"Set him free|"However,the deed
was done." So the king said,"You should have offered the writing
before you killed him."
Hope you enjoy reading it,good luck.