Announcement from Europe and India

Dear ALL,

We would like to inform you about our activities for 19 June 1997.
I enclose herewith the info from WRWAB, India.

WOMEN RIGHTS AND WELFARE ASSOCIATION OF BURMA, New Delhi
wrote the following.

 > Dear RFA, BBC and DVB,
 >
 > We are glad to inform you that WRWAB is going to organize a the first
 > Burma Women's Day on 19-6-97 in New Delhi.
 >
 > We are planning a ceremony at the Constitution Club, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
 > inviting all Burmese activists and some imminent Indian women and leaders.
 > The NCGUB, NLD/LA, U Maw Thiri (Retd. Supervisor of All India Radio) and
 > other active groups are cooperating. We will offer "swun" to the Buddhist
 > monks in the very morning. A pamphlet, a press-kid, two-volume book in
 > Hindi on Aung San Suu Kyi and people revolution will be distributed to all
 > the audience.
 >
 > It will be very much appreciated if RFA, BBC and DVB can make a good radio
 > coverage on that event.
 >
 > Sincerely,
 >
 > Nay Mya Mya Swe
 > Foreign Affairs
 > WRWAB
 > Tel/Fax: +91 11 514-5548
 >
 > Copy to:
 > Ma Aye Aye Lwin, BWU
 > Dr. Ni Ni Thein, Delft

In Europe,

	(1) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday day will be celebrated
	in Delft, The Netherlands.

 	(2) The European continent will be witnessing a
 	"self-paid" Dutch dinner party on the floating restaurant
        (means on a boat along the nice and beautiful canal) of 750
	year-old Delft to celebrate "Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's Birthday" in
	honour of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

 	(3) "AUNG SAN SUU KYI Support Group" will be officially
 	formed on that very day.

 	(4) The motto of this group is, "SUPPORT-OUR-SUU : S-O-S"

 	(5) We are now busy making a news-sheet(pamphlet) for that day.

 	(6) The (S-O-S) group will join the first "Women's Day" of Burma
	    celebration in India.

 	Thank you for your attention.
 	May all of your activities on that day be very successful!
 	NiNi