No Subject Given (r)

>(1)     Medical equipment for No2 Military Hospital
>
>     YANGON, 12 May Secretary-2 of the State Law and Order Restoration
>     Council Chief of Bureau of Special Operation Chief of Staff (Army)
>     Lt-Gen Tin Oo attended the donation ceremony of medical equipment for
>     No 2 Military Hospital (500-bed) at the hospital at 7.30 am today.

Nice to know there's going to be adequate care for military who get injured
by shooting themselves in the foot, when are civilians going to get basic
health care?

>     ___________________________________________
>
>(2)     Minister for Hotels and Tourism receives tourism promoters
>
>     YANGON, 12 May-Minister for Hotels and Tourism Lt-Gen Kyaw Ba
>     received General Manager Mr Duncan T Machan of Central Floating
>     Hotel, Yangon, at his office at 4.30 pm today.
>
>     They discussed publishing of Mingalarbar Magazine for tourism
>     promotion and cruises.

is it true that the cover of mingalarbar magazine features an illustration
of a beautiful burmese dancer wearing a gag?

>     _________________________________________
>
>(3)     Heroin refineries seized in Hsenwi
>
>     YANGON, 1 2 May Tatmadaw columns led by Tactical Operations Commander
>     Col Than Maung of the North-East Command, personnel of Tatmadaw
>     Intelligence unit and those of Myanmar Police Force anti-drug squad
>     seized heroin refineries and chemicals and paraphernalia used in
>     refining heroin in Hsenwi, northern Shan State, on 3 May.
>
>     After mopping up the heroin refineries on 30 April and 1 May, the
>     combined team marched on and arrived at map reference P160277 at 7 am
>     on 3 May.
>
>     They seized four big sheds and four smaller sheds used as heroin
>     refinery and the chemicals220 gallons of acetic anhydride, 750
>     gallons of ether, 200 gallons of chloroform, 415 gallons of spirit,
>     25 gallons of opium base liquid,; 80 gallons of hydrochloric acid,
>     180 gallons of Lysol and 38 gallons of mixed opium and ether
>     liquid-and other paraphernalia.

can anyone who knows the technical details of heroin refining tell me why
there was such a relatively small amount of opium seized?  should there have
been more than this?