A Great Victory Day in Washington,

Subject: A Great Victory Day in Washington, DC

A Great Victory Day in Washington, DC

The demonstration in front of the SLORC's Embassy in Washington, DC on April
24th at 6.00 P.M. was successfully ended with the slogans: "Long Live Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi!; Long Live President Clinton!; Long Live Workers from Oil
Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union (OCAW)!.

Community leaders from New York and New Jercy also joined the demonstration.

The demonstration was aired to Burma by Voice of America (VOA-Burmese
Program) and
Radio Free Asia (RFA-Burmese Program).

The demonstrators chanted the slogans to stop attacking the students' camps
near the
Thai-Burma border and to hold dialogue with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

A former student leader well known as Pegu Kyi Win delivered a speech during
the
demonstration, and he cited as saying that Inns and Hotels in Burma do not
give any benefit for those who reside in Pegu division. "The sanction
imposed by U.S. President effects only the SLORC and its a handful of
affiliates," he said.

Yin Aye, a student from Johns Hopkins University and member of Democratic
Burmese Students Organization (DBSO-USA), thanked the students from Free
Burma Coalition (FBC) and workers from the OCAW, who initiated the "3 days
for Burma. "Today is the last day of the campaign and we celebrated for our
victory that Mr. Clinton pronounced the economic sanction against the
SLORC," he said. "It is our collective efforts of "justice for American
workers and freedom for Burma, and we really made it," he went on.

"The SLORC has to decide now whether it will hold dialogue with Daw Aung San
Suu Kyi or will be faced more tragedies," Nyi Nyi Lwin, a student from
University of Maryland, said.

A statement released by DBSO on April 24th and called the SLORC to halt
militarily attacking the students' camps along the Thai-Burma border. The
statement said aggressively attacking the students by the brutal SLORC will
never end the light of democratization in Burma.

"When a student remains alive, the struggling for democracy in Burma is
still alive,  Michael A. Beer, director of Nonviolence International, said
during the demonstration.

"We sent a massage of the "3 days for Burma" campaign directly to 48 million
Burmese inside Burma that workers joined by our Burmese students today is a
big victory day," Ko Yin Aye said. "But it was just a first step, and we
have to work harder than ever to change Burma," he added.

Note:
This information is released by a Washington, DC based monthly news journal
konwn as The Rangoon Post so that it has a full responsibility of the
coverage of the news. To contact the Rangoon Post, please call at (301)
984-6271 or e-mail at BurmaJapan@xxxxxxxx

We also invite you to send us news, press release, and announcements.

Thank you very much.

Editors of RP