SLORC Ambassador TinWinn's dialogue (r)

Subject: Re: SLORC Ambassador TinWinn's dialogue with the Burmese  National Moveme

To,

Myo Chit of Florida,

You said that the talk with Tin Win should be taken an initial step toward
building future democracy in Burma. How?

Will Tin Win make it or will Myo Chit make it? Prejudging without the facts
makes always the result wrong. The fact is Tin Win cannot achieve democracy
in Burma as you said.  To restore democracy in Burma is the SLORC  has only
to step down and quickly transfers power to the elected representatives.
Selfishly, the SLORC illegitimately governs the country and represses
people. Again, ruling the country by force, Burma is never and will never be
politically, socially, and economically stabled. I am very surprised what
you said of having a set conversation with Tin Win will bring democracy in
Burma. Theoretically, the dictators will never intend to restore democracy
in Burma until the dictators are faced mounting of pressures from publics
and privates.

Every organization has right to talk with another organization whatsoever it
feels good. No question about it, but you cannot not generalize other
organizations that are now wrong doing. Again you can do what you think is
good for you but please ponder what is your role for the whole picture of
struggling for democracy in Burma since 1988. More than 30,000 students,
monks, people were already killed. More then 2,000 political prisoners are
still remaining in prison. The inanition of your won way, self-conclusion of
future democracy in Burma, to approach Tin Win could be either right way or
wrong way. We have to wait until the real answer comes out. It is too early
to judge now.

I have many experienced since the SLORC came to power in 1988 that the SLORC
called on a famous monk from England and U Aung San Oo to persuade Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi to give up her politics. U Aung San Oo denied it. I do not know
you are that kind of influential person or a famous person to whom the SLORC
can be used as "a human bullet" to shoot Daw Aung San Suu Kyi or Prime
Minister Dr. Sein Win abroad.

I am working in an office just five minutes walk form the SLORC?s embassy in
Washington, D.C. I know all embassy staffs. I encountered with all the
embassy?s staffs aspect  Tin Win. One time, I alone talked with Consular,
Military Attaché, and other eight embassy?s staffs in a Burmese temple in
Maryland. I had very strong conversations with them for almost three hours.
What I leant from them were 1. To annihilate Keren National Union, 2. To
assassinate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, and 3. To hold power  longer. I do not
know what they learn from me. 90 percent of embassy staffs are from military
intelligence services. Most of them cannot speak English. Even Consular Khin
Maung Aye has no diplomat skills at all because he had never gone a diplomat
schools. Before Tin Win came to the embassy, When U Thoung was there, all
most all embassy?s staffs were working illegally to feed themselves. The
staffs got only $600 for a month. For a family with a child, even the family
does not have to pay for the rent, the only $600 can never be enough too
feed the family. Therefore, they illegally delivered news paper. The
Military Attaché Kyi Tun also delivered the paper too. They all broke the
United States?  immigration law.  Also Burma?s national dignity was broken
down by the staffs. I called the staffs to defect to the democratic forces
before they were taken a law suit in U.S..  Deli Khuma, a staff from
military attaché office with three children and his wife, and Ko Toet and
his wife, they now live in New York, defected in U.S..

Some family members from the embassy talked to me how they face difficult in
U.S. with a little salary. Some called my home and asked to help their
husbands brutal. A staff?s, drunk man, asked to help her husband to stop
domestic violent. I am not pro-SLORC nor supporter of Tin Win, but I am an
88-student who has been fighting for democracy since March 13, 1988.
However, I have my heart to help the problem out for embassy?s staffs in
U.S. because the are human beings like me.  Both Deli?s family and Ko
Totet?s family are very fine and have their own houses and good jobs and the
students are still helping for them.

I do not know what you said about having a conversation with Tin Win can
bring democracy in Burma. I have very much doubted it and I will keep your
language until I meet you in person in Florida. I will come down there in
this summer. See you later.

Nyi Nyi Lwin (Myo Chit, Pay Chit, Luhtu Chit, Tine Chit)