Registration: Midwest Grassroots Co

/* Written 10:05 PM  Mar 24, 1997 by igc:etanfield in gn:reg.easttimor */
/* ---------- "Registration: Midwest Grassroots Co" ---------- */
>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:28:47 -0500 (EST)
>From: Dalia Brahmi <dbrahmi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dbrahmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ceci@xxxxxxxx, wtrow3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>        etanfield@xxxxxxxxxxx, jepeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jero@xxxxxxxxxxx,
>        ncullwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, zar ni <zni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>        lkwon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dcollin1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>        rturner@xxxxxxxxxxx, crjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Registration: Midwest Grassroots Conference * Indianapolis, IN
, April 5-6 * Christian Theological Seminary, Butler University, Queen , of
Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant...UPDATED 24 MARCH!! PLEASE POST!!

> [...]
>     WORKING TOWARD A GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY MOVEMENT IN NIGERIA, BURMA,
>     COLUMBIA, EAST TIMOR, MEXICO & THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
>  ** PRESENTED BY **
>
>     * THE FREE BURMA COALITION  http://wicip.org/fbc
>
>           * AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
>
>		 * SIERRA CLUB
>
>       		     *FREE NIGERIA MOVEMENT
>
>                     	*SPEAKOUT
>
>                 	   *GLOBAL EXCHANGE
>
>                                *FOOD NOT BOMBS
>

>				   *COLOMBIA SUPPORT NETWORK
>
>Saturday night's keynote address, Reilly Room, Butler University, 6pm
>
>*DR. OWENS WIWA Nigerian physician, brother of the late Ken Saro-Wiwa
> and MOSOP activist, Toronto, CANADA
>
>*YUZANA KHIN Women's Representative, NLD (Liberated Area) Burma,
> ONE ACT DANCE PERFORMANCE
>
>*ROLAND WATSON: PHOTO EXHIBIT ON BURMA
>
>Saturday's workshops panelists:
>
>*YUZANA KHIN Women's Representative, National League for Democracy
> (Liberated Area) Burma, Baltimore, MD
>*DR OWENS WIWA Nigerian physician, boycott Shell Oil campaign, Toronto
>*EDITH BOWLES Formerly with Jesuit Refugee Service on Thai-Burma border,
> Refugee advocate, Bloomington, IN
>*HAFSAT ABIOLA Nigerian Human rights activist, founder of
> K.I.N.D. (Kuridat Institute for Nigerian Democracy), Washington, DC
>*TIM KEATING Executive Director of Rainforest Relief, Brooklyn, NY
>*TUNDE OKORODUDU-Labor Activist, Pres. Free Nigeria Movement, Oakland, CA
>*DAVID WOLFBERG- L.A. Free Burma Coalition and Dierector Rainforest Action
> Network, Los Angeles, CA
>*NOBLE OBANI-NWIBARI-Vice-President MOSOP, St. Louis, MO
>*KIM MIZRAHI Free Burma Activist and activist in Plastics Campaign, L.A.
>*MUKHTAR DAN'IYAN- Sec.-Gen. Free Nigeria Movement, Indianapolis, IN
>*PAUL KAWIKA MARTIN EarthCulture Activist, Laurel, MD
>*MIRA TANNA-St. Louis Support Committee for MOSOP, St. Louis, MO
>*CECILIA ZARATE-LAUN - Colombia Support Network, Madison, WI
>*GODFREY TANEH-MOSOP Activist, St. Louis, MO
>*JAMES UEBARI-MOSOP Activist, St. Louis, MO
>
>Sunday's Roundtable Panelists:
>
>*DAPO OLORUNYOMI-Nigerian dissent journalist, PANOS Institute, Washington,DC
>*KEVIN DANAHER Co-Founder of Global Exchange, Author of <Corporations Are
> Gonna Get Your Momma: Globalization and the Downsizing of the American
> Dream>, San Francisco, CA
>*MARTHA OJEDA, Executive Director of the Coalition
> for Justice in the Maquiladoras (CJM)
>*DR. JOE DREXLER-Special Projects Director:OCAW (Oil, Chemical and Atomic
> Workers Union), Denver, CO
>
>*****VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP ORGANIZE & FUND THE CONFERENCE*************
>please contact conference coordinator with your suggestions:
>			Dalia Brahmi
>			9040 Wickham Rd
>			Indianapolis, IN 46260
>			(317) 573-9463
>			email: dbrahmi@xxxxxxxxxxx
>			fax: (317) 274-1108

>registration fee (includes housing friday-sunday, food friday-sat)

Kristin Sundell, Field Organizer
East Timor Action Network/U.S.
PO Box 1182, White Plains, NY 10602
etanfield@xxxxxxxxxxx