SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PE

Subject: SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE

________________ copy __________________

     SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE

Contributer's note: : the seven habits are integrated and
overlapping and make part of an integral solid personal
character. Each habit in isolation can contribute to make
us more effective. Exercising them together, they will make
us part of the group of people which have made the
world and ourselves better.  (Bjorn Brandberg)

1.  BEING PROACTIVE GIVES US FREEDOM AND RESPONSIBILITY

Between observation and reaction there is a freedom of choice.
Consider your self-awareness, how you are and how you would
like to be. Consider your Imagination to find Alternative
Positive Solutions. Consider your Conscience, prioritising
Morality and Ethics in decisions. We all have an
Independent Will. We are free to chose and are responsible
for our decisions.

2.  BEGINNING WITH THE END IN MIND LEADS TO
    A CONSTRUCTIVE PLAN OF ACTIONS
    =======================================

We can all be visionaries and imagine the result we want to
achieve, in big and small things.
We can set our own objectives and find out what actions and
resources are required from ourselves, and others, to achieve
them. This boils down to a plan of actions which makes decision
making clear and makes it easy to formulate our requirements.

3.  PUTTING FIRST THINGS FIRST MAKES US DO WHAT IS IMPORTANT

This habit is the fruit of the two pervious ones. Nobody will
have time to do everything we consider important or urgent,
but we can all take our time to do what is most important.
        We need to SAY NO to what is less important, in order
to make ourselves available for what is most important for
ourselves and others. We have the freedom and responsibility
to put first things first.

4.  THINKING WIN/WIN GIVES LONG LASTING BENEFITS FOR ALL

Conflicts are destructive and time consuming. They may be
inevitable but a win/win approach, where we are looking for
solutions where all parties are winners, are more likely
to lead to a sustainable success with long lasting
benefits for all.

5.  SEEKING TO UNDERSTAND...THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD IS
    A CONDITION FOR THE WIN/WIN APPROACH,
    AND WE OURSELVES ARE THE FIRST WINNERS

If we all tried to understand each others, how easy should
life not be. Starting now we will discover that the first
ones to benefit are we, ourselves.

6.  SYNERGIZING MULTIPLIES THE RESULTS INSTEAD OF JUST
    ADDING THEM UP

One plus one can be four, in the same way as a head and
body working together is more effective than a body without
a head and a head without a body. In the same way our
body and soul will become more effective when in balance
with our physical, mental, social and spiritual life.

7.  EXERCISING ALL DIMENSIONS OF OUR NATURE HAS
    A SYNERGETIC EFFECT ON OURSELVES

We can increase our own capacity by taking the best care
of ourselves, exercising consciously our four dimensions:

*  The Physical Dimension: Nutrition, Exercise and Stress Management
*  The Mental Dimension:   Reading, Visualising, Planning, Writing
*  The Social/Emotional Dimension: Service, Empathy, Synergy,
                                   Intrinsic Security
*  The Spiritual Dimension:  Value Clarification and Commitment,
                             Study and Meditation

                The World could be what We can become:
                        EMPOWERED and EMPOWERING