State Department 6/3 Briefing on Bu

Subject: State Department 6/3 Briefing on Burma

State Department 6/3 Briefing on Burma

Nicholas Burns speaks :

THAILAND/KAREN -- Burns noted U.S. expressions of concern earlier this
week that the Thai Government was forceably repatriating Karen
refugees from Thailand into Burma. "I'm very pleased to say that we
have now a reaffirmation of Thailand's long-standing policy of
offering humanitarian relief to people fleeing from neighboring
countries. And we believe the Thai Government is now prepared to
protect the Karen refugees who have taken refugee along the border on
the Thai side," Burns said.

Source :IntelAsia
IntelASia@xxxxxxxxxxx