Relief Efforts

February 23, 1997

Burmese Relief Center -- Japan is happy to report that three thousand
dollars has already been sent to the border for emergency relief.  To those
of you who donated so generously, we say "Well done!"

When we made our initial appeal, it was to assist refugees who had been made
homeless by attacks on three camps in the Mae Sot area.  Since then, the
border situation has drastically deteriorated, with great numbers of new
refugees fleeing the Slorc offensive for their lives.

We continue to welcome donations to assist those most affected.  The need
has never been greater.

In Japan, contributions can be made by postal transfer (yubin furikae):
Number: 01030-2-68650; Name: Ken Kawasaki (in Romaji)

Outside Japan, checks in US dollars, payable to "Burmese Relief
Center--Japan" can be mailed to:

Burmese Relief Center--Japan,
266-27 Ozuku-cho
Kashihara, Nara 634
Japan

or

Burmese Relief Center--Japan
2001 Missouri Ave.
Flint, MI 48506
U.S.A.
(If you send your donation to the U.S. address, please inform us of it via
e-mail, if possible.)

All donations will be promptly receipted.

You can send used clothing directly to Thailand.  Please contact BRC--J for
the address.

Thank you for your generosity and your concern.

Burmese Relief Center-- Japan
266-27 Ozuku-cho
Kashihara-shi
Nara-ken 634