Democratic Rakhine Students League

Subject: Democratic Rakhine Students League Denouncing attack on KNU

>                        OFFICE OF THE SUPREME HEADQUATERS
>                                KAREN NATIONAL UNION
>                                     KAWTHOOLEI
>

>The KNU appeal to all of our alliance, democratic forces and revolutionary
>organizations and political parties to oppose the SLORC hand in hand with us.
>
>We appeal to the international community and Governments to strongly oppose
>the SLORC brutal military regime and  to support the Karen people who are
>fleeing into Thailand.
>
>CENTRAL COMMITTEE
>KAREN NATIONAL UNION

We, Democratic Rakhine Students League (USA-Rakhine State),  condom the
SLORC brutal attack on KNU, which seeks genuine peace through meaningful
dialogues, and we also support the KNU's defensive military actions against
the SLORC's army in order to  maintain its struggles to achieve democracy
and a federal union of Burma.

We strongly believe that only dialogue can achieve peace, democracy and
federal union of future Burma. The violent actions carried by the SLOEC will
lead Burma devastation clashing the union.

We hereby call the SLORC to stop immediately the attacking on KNU and to
resume dialogue as soon as possible.

Further Contact :
DRSL-USA
Tel/ Fax (301)984-6271