BYVA-Japan 's Tokyo office broken i

Subject: BYVA-Japan 's Tokyo office broken into+

Press Release

					Date- Wednesday, February 5, 1997.

On the evening of the 4th, February, somebody  had been sneak into BYVA-Japan
office in Tokyo. One of the member who live in office came back late from job at
11:25pm, saw the office door was unlocked. When he enter in, the office files
and papers were scattered around the whole office.
Immidiately we reported to the nearest police station. A police officer came and
check the situation. He than refer the case to "Sugamo-ward police station". Two
officers came and check around the office and took finger prints. They concluded
that the intruder's broken-in was not for money or valuables. There was some
amount of money left in the office were untouched. All of the valuable things
such as computers, printers, copier, T.V, video decks etc. were left and
nothings was missing.
Three E.C members are living in the office and at least a member is left in the
office before 5:00pm. The intruder broke into the office may be between 5:00pm
and 11:00pm. There would be at least two or three person involved in this
incident.
The intruders broken into the office were searching all of the papers, so that
they were looking for the documents and correspondence with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
and other dissident and pro-democracy groups worldwide. We believed that the
intruders were send from Burmese Embassy or SLORC.
We would like to warn all of the pro-democracy groups worldwide to be more
careful from the SLORC's agents. SLORC tried to broke the pro-democracy
groups and find evidence to accused Daw Aung Suu San Kyi for connecting with
dissident groups worldwide.

Information Committee
Burma Youth Volunteer Association-Japan.