The Statement on the recent militar

Subject:       The Statement on the recent military crackdown on students

     THE STATEMENT ON THE RECENT MILITARY CRACK DOWN ON
               PEACEFUL STUDENTS DEMONSTRATION
               -------------------------------
                                            Date.8th Dec,1996.

# Despite the repeated International pressure, the ruling
military regime of Burma widely known as SLORC used violent
method on the Rangoon University students who were staging a very
very peaceful demonstration near their University compound
demanding the rights of students and the prompt action against
those police who used excessive power in encountering with
students demonstrators.

# We strongly condemn the dictatorial military regime for its
fascist practice being used on innocent students.

# We warn the SLORC that they must take all the responsibilities
for  this unfateful incident.

# We urge the International Community to take urgent action
against the illegal regime who are threatening the stablity and
peace of the country as well as the entire region.

 We, Pro-Democracy students and youths in exile, unitedly stand
together with our fraternal students who showed their exemplary
courage in fighting for justice and truth. We wholeheratedly
support the forming of independent students union in Burma.

With the spirit of 8888,

THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE

ALL BURMA STUDENTS LEAGUE.