Message from Daw Aung San Suu Kyi t

Subject: Message from Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to the European students

Dear ALL,

The following is the message from Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to the
students from Europe who participate in (on going) UNGA letter
campaign led by BYVA (Burmese Young Volunteers Association) in Japan.
For the internet announcement we omit the date and time.

With metta and solidarity,
NiNi

Message from Daw Aung San Suu Kyi for the students in Europe:

"I would like to thank the students of Europe for doing what they have
been doing to help the cause of democracy in Burma. We are always very
encouraged by the support of young people. Because the young people
are the future of this world. And if we have the support of the young
it means that our future is assured.

In Burma many young people lack all the rights that students in
Europe take for granted. They have no intellectual freedom, they have
no political freedom and once they have finished school and university
they do not have the economic freedom to live the kind of life they
want to lead. So when young people support us, we know that they
sympathise with us, that they understand what our difficulties are and
that really puts a lot of heart into us.

I would like to thank you again for all you have done and I hope
that you will continue to help us in our struggle for democracy in
Burma which is basically a struggle to live as dignified human beings in
justice, in peace and in freedom.

Thank you.
Aung San Suu Kyi.