Come Celebrate Apple's Withdrawal f

Subject: Come Celebrate Apple's Withdrawal from Burma!

MASSACHUSETTS BURMA ROUNDTABLE

COME CELEBRATE APPLE'S WITHDRAWAL FROM BURMA!

Friday, October 4, 1996

We will have special reason to celebrate at our Rally for Burma on Monday,
October 7.

Page B6 of today's Boston Globe carries the story that Apple Computer has
decided to stop doing business in Burma. Apple Computer made this decision
to keep the company in compliance with our Massachusetts Burma selective
purchsing law!

Apple computer is the first company to cite the Massachusetts Burma
selective purchasing law as its reason for withdrawing from Burma. We hope
many more companies will follow...

Come to the Rally for Burma and celebrate!

Rally for Burma
Boston Common
Brewers Fountain
(behind the Park Street T station on the Green line)

Monday
October 7
5.30pm-6.30pm

Speakers will include:

State Representative Byron Rushing
U Win Maung - former Burmese diplomat
representatives from Boston College, Harvard and Tufts Burma Action Groups

See you there!  Bring champagne!!

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development
711 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111