BurmaNet: The list is back up.

Dear readers,

   I closed the list down for 48 hours because of a problem with an
autoresponder on someone's account.  The list is back up, at least for now.
The problem this time was a bit unusual.  The account generating the
automatic responses did not appear to be on our subscription list.  We
have purged the list of a number of defunct accounts and tried to
verify some others.  We won't, however, know if the problem is fixed
until we try out the list again--which is what we are doing now.  If
the problem persists, I will have to take the list down again and try
something else.

    It would be most helpful if you let us know if your account is going to
be closed for any reason.  When an account closes, messages to it are
"bounced."  It appears that the current problem was caused by just such
a bounce.  So, if you are graduating from school and your account will
be closed, if you are moving, going off line, on vacation or planning to
die--please please let us know first.  Your fellow subscribers will
thank you.

  Regards,

    Strider