Burma and Apple Macintosh computers (r)

Subject: Re: Burma and Apple Macintosh computers

     I got this mail from someone telling me to 'butt off' the Macintosh in
     regards to my comment yesterday's article "Read the Burmese Papers".

     If I offend you for saying standardizing apple computer over IBM for
     Burma is SLORC's profit, just live with it. Apple is easy to use and
     good for desktop publishing but most Burmese are not involve in that.

     In general, people are more familiar with IBM than apple which is why
     apple introduced power pc allowing user to get access to both. So I
     think it is the best for our new generation to know IBM which make
     easier for them to get a job everywhere in the world.

     This is my opinion and if I offend you again, just live with it and
     voice your opinion in polite and respectful way with manners which is
     Burmese way.

     Thanks,
     TLwin -)

Subject: Burma and Apple Macintosh computers
Author:  Conference "reg.burma" <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx> at internet
Date:    8/14/96 1:26 AM

Subject: Re: SLORC Press:  Read the Papers
To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>

(e.g. standardizing Apple computer over IBM compatible).
Perhaps the true graphics interface of Apple Macintosh is good for Myanmar.
Converting the system software to handle Burmese characters is easier than
IBM compatible which is, in case you don't know, is based on ASCII (read
English.)

Since English is not the mother tongue (tongue-in-cheek) of Burmese (or
Myanmarese), a graphics computer that is famously easy to learn and use is
good for Burma.

So, Mr. Lwin or Ko Thura or whatever you might want to call yourself, 'butt
off' the Macintosh.  You don't know what you're talking about.