No Subject Given

		        	    ABSDF
		     ALL BURMA STUDENTS' DEMOCRATIC FRONT

	             LETTER OF FELICITATION FROM THE ABSDF

                                                       Date: 31 July, 1996

We, the ABSDF have recently informed that more than 20 students and democracy activists
from DBSO (Democratic Burmese Students Organization-Japan), 88 Group of Japan and
BYVA (Burmese Youth Volunteer Association) will stage a 36 hours hunger strike in Hibia
Park in Tokyo, Japan on 8 August, 1996, 8th anniversary of nation-wide democracy
uprising. The other members from NLD (National League for Democracy- Japan Branch)
and the respective organizations of DBSO, 88 Group of Japan and BYVA will participate the
demonstration with the cooperation of Japanese activists in front of the Slorc's Burmese
embassy.

We would like to express our heartfelt congratulation to the Burmese students and democracy
activists in Japan, who have been  relentlessly struggling for the restoration of democracy
and human rights in Burma for the sake of the people of Burma.

We the ABSDF firmly believe that the modern history of 1988 students movements was the
heritage of 1962 and 1970s students movements. Today, these three generations have come
together to attempt the efforts for the freedom.

At present, we the ABSDF and the people of Burma have been fully encouraged by the
activities of Burmese students and democracy activists now being in Japan to convince the
Japanese people to get mutual understanding and concerns for the plight of the people of
Burma.

With Solidarity,

Central Leading Committee
ABSDF