BURMASONG UPDATE

Dear Friends,

I'm happy to announce a major update to the BurmaSong Page
<http://users.imagiware.com/wtongue>,... happy because it means all
those animated .gifs and embedded midi files are finally in place.

But I'm also happy because it means I have been able to keep a promise
to post the song, "8888", by the actual anniversary of that event. When
you go to the main page click on the "8888" icon to go to the page
where you can download text and music files.

On the main page, another "new" song is posted: "Free Aung San Suu
Kyi!".

I wrote this in 1992 and last year I thought it could be retired. Now
that it has become apparent Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's prison has only been
extended to the  street outside her house, it seemed appropriate to
share the song with you at this site.

The Burmese-language version by Yuzana Khin is featured and a copy of
her hand-written Burmese lyrics is available for download. Although the
VOA played the English-language version, they declined to air her
Burmese version on the grounds that it was "too forceful". This is the
first time her banned version has been made available to the public.

Peace and Courage,

Wrightson