New NLD Video Info Available (r)

                      N E W   N L D   V I D E O   I N F O S   A V A I L A B L E

                                Released by ISBDA on July 30, 1996

Dear Friends:
        Information Service on Burmese Democracy Affairs  announces that we
have received a new NLD video documentary for distribution.  Also, we would
like to apologize our subscribers for unable to distribute the NLD tapes in
June because we did not receive any tapes lat month as one of our carriers
surface-mailed all the tapes from Thailand. We hope arrival of these tapes
be after a few weeks from today. The single video in this announcement has
arrived here by air much quicker than the previouly shipped ones.

Please find the Ordering Information after the  list of available video tapes.

Kyaw Tint
ISBDA

=====================================
_NEWLY ARRIVED  REGULAR VOLUMES_

Volume # 50  (NEW ARRIVAL)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions of the people
who assembled at University Avenue during May-June crackdown peroid. Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung gave speech and comments on the
accelerated repression.
ISBDA believes that this  Video is The BEST ever distributed in terms of
queston contents, firm logics in the aswers and interesting and humorous
speeches of the NLD leaders even at such hard time inside.  Every Burmese
with Pro- or Anti- democracy ideals should spend two hours to watch this
tape in order to find out ways for and against the people's goal.
<ENGLISH SUMMARY by Daw Suu>.
Recording Dates: June 1, 2, 1996.

========================
Please check full list of video tapes announced available at ISBDA at world
wide web URL:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/freeburma/analoginfo.html
========================
RECENT VOLUMES

Volume # 49
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung.  Daw Suu compiled the definition of Fascist Government based on the
experiences of Burmese people as well as the definition provided by her
father. In response to a question, Daw Suu revealed that the SLORC media
does not dare to translate into English many of the articles in Burmese
language newspapers, because foreigners in Rangoon redicule such writings
aimed only for personnel attacks.
<ENGLISH SUMMARY by Daw Suu>.
Recording Dates: April 6, 7, 1996.

Volume # 48
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, Daw Suu explained how unfair trails against the NLD
members recently arrested were unlawfully carried out by SLORC. By watching
these trails, one may understand if Burmese make their own version of the
movie "UNFORGIVEN."
Recording Dates: March 30, 31, 1996.

Volume # 47
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, Daw Suu introduced how India's leader Gandhi
achieved his first success in political life against colonialism.
Recording Dates: March 23, 24, 1996.

Volume # 46
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, Daw Suu cited a poem of 'Ananda Thuriya,' a Burmese
Philosopher, which warned a government that weapons in their hands will be
useless if they fail to get hearty support of the people.
Recording Dates: March 16, 17, 1996.

Volume # 45
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, Daw Suu called people to start cascade (or
multi-level) organizing work towards a democratic society.
<ENGLISH SUMMARY by Daw Suu>.
Recording Dates: March 9, 10, 1996.

Volume # 44
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, a question was asked if foreign investments disturb
the country's democratization. Daw Suu's answer was smart and easy to
understand to the people.
Recording Dates: March 2, 3, 1996.

Volume # 43
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, a question was regarding  limitations to Burmese
passport holders as a results of odd policies exercised by the authorities.
ENGLISH SUMMARY of the forum was done by Daw Suu emphasizing on the foreign
investments under wrong system of Burma.
Recording Dates: February 24, 25, 1996.

Volume # 42
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, a question revealed that USDA members were ordered
to disturb the activities of other political parties.
U Tin Oo read a 'rare' speech of General Aung San which guidelined how
Burma's armed forces should behave upon the people of Burma.
Recording Dates: February 17, 18, 1996.

Volume # 41
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, a Canadian national asked a question regarding how
Canadians can help Burma's struggle and Daw Suu's answer was in ENGLISH.
Recording Dates: February 10, 11, 1996.

Volume # 40
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, U Tin Oo criticized routine  practices of injustice
trails and  routine tortures especially to the political prisoners.
Recording Dates: February 3, 4, 1996.

Volume # 39
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In this volume, U Kyi Maung revisited the constitution and programme
of the NLD, especially emphasizing in the economic policies. He promised to
publish a series of books on the NLD programme once there exists right of
free publication in Burma.
Recording Dates: January 27, 28, 1996.

Volume # 38
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In response to a question regarding the call for dialogue,  Daw Suu
ridiculed by suggesting that maybe the question should be asked to U Kun Sa
because his method was proved to be successful at least until now.
Recording Dates: January 20, 21, 1996.

Volume # 37
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. Daw Suu described the concept of National Reconciliation. One
question pointed out SLORC's child abuse pattern to force school children
to march to the meetings that feign having mass support to their national
convention.
Recording Dates: December 9,10, 1995.

Volume # 36
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. In his speech,  U Kyi Maung shared his experience of how he answered
a repeating question by young military intelligence askers when he was
detained briefly. The MI interrogated him the whole night with a question
why did he joined the NLD. His auto-reply was, "Because it is for you."
Recording Dates: November 25,26, 1995.

Volume # 35
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people
who assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi
Maung. There was a question regarding pricing tactics exercised by a world
famous drink company (obviously, PEPSI): The prices of soft drinks are
deliberately increased as soon  rainy season ends in Burma.
Recording Dates: November 5,11, 1995.

====================================
_SPECIAL SERIES_

Volume # S-12    < A L L   I N   E N G L I S H >

"NLD Press Conferences regarding Withdrawal from the SLORC Sponsored
National Convention"
This record is fully in ENGLISH. Daw Aung San Suu Kyi appeared at the
conference room of NLD office to explain to foreign journalists about the
party's decision to withdraw from the fake convention.
Recording Date: November 22 (38min), 29 (50 min), 1995.

Volume # S-11
"Fascist Resistance Day Part II"

[The celebration was opened by keynote speech of U Kyi Maung, vice
Chairperson of the NLD.
Bo Mhu Aung (1910- ), member of the 30 Comrades, was the first invited
speaker. He accounted his involvement in arranging first rendezvous of
General Aung San and the Allied forces during early stage of fascist
resistance movement in Burma. Following the speakers were U Maung Maung
Gyi, and U Tin U, who were in the Burma's army formed under Japanese
administration.
>From the supporting role of ordinary citizens, well-known writers U Khin
Maung Latt (1915 - ) and Daw Khin Myo Chit (1915 - ) accounted their
experiences during the nation's Independence struggle.] In this part U Khin
Maung Latt finished his talk and Daw Khin Myo Chit told about her
adventurous works to help the resistance movement.
U Kyi Maung made concluding remarks before the end of lecture program.
Recording Date: March 27, 1996.

Volume # S-10
"Fascist Resistance Day Part I"

The celebration was opened by keynote speech of U Kyi Maung,
vice-Chairperson of the NLD.
Bo Mhu Aung (1910- ), member of 30 Comrades, was the first invited speaker.
He accounted his involvement in arranging first rendezvous of General Aung
San and the Allied forces during early stage of fascist resistance movement
of Burma.
The following speakers were U Maung Maung Gyi, and U Tin U, who were in the
Burma's army formed under Japanese administration.
>From the supporting role of ordinary citizens, well-known writers U Khin
Maung Latt (1915 - ) and Daw Khin Myo Chit (1915 - ) accounted their
experiences during the nation's Independence struggle. In this tape (S-10),
only the first part of U Khin Maung Latt's talk was covered. Since his talk
was so interesting and humorous, ISBDA is quite certain that you will be
watching Part II as soon as Part I is finished.
Recording Date: March 27, 1996.

Volume # S-9
Burma's Human Rights Day: Lecture by U Khin Maung Kyi.

The celebration was opened by  keynote address of U Kyi Maung,
vice-chairperson of the NLD.
Lecturer U Khin Maung Kyi, CEC member of the NLD, is one of Burma's human
right experts. (He worked as General Manager of Department of Social
Security, Burma until 1987. He chaired an International Conference on
Social Development and National Security which was jointly sponsored by ILO
and Norway in 1979.)
Focus of his lecture is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and
Burma's connection to the UN and other international organizations.
Discussions, questions and answers.
(105 min.)
Recording Date: March 13, 1996.

Volume # S-8
Celebration of Burma Children's Day :: Aung San's Birthday.

Opening Songs: "Bo Aung San" and famous "We Are the World" with beautiful
Burmese words.
The celebration was opened by  Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.  Performance Program
by the Children:  Nearly ideal Burmese "Yodayar" Dance by Ma Thida Cho
Myint; "Nabanzan" Dance which is admired by Daw Suu was performed by Ma
Thandar Yin Tun's troupe; Aung San Poems by the children and Birthday
presents to the kids.
(80 min.)
Recording Date: February 13, 1996.

========================
ORDERING INFORMATION

Unless otherwise specified the price for each Volume  is US$15.00 which
includes tape, copying, handling and air-mailing from the US.

Friends who interested in sharing these tapes must send return address  to
ISBDA, 108 N. Hidalgo #305, Alhambra CA91801, USA  with enclosed check or
international MO payable to Htay H. Kyi.

Please clearly mention the tape Volume  numbers in your order and we will
immediately air-mailed  after knowing your payment.  Remember that a short
email notice to  ktint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx as you mail the order quicken the
process.

All video tapes are recorded by home video camera system on NTSC VHS
format. (For Camcorder players, 8 mm Video Copies are also available here
at ISBDA upon special request: No additional charge is necessary for this
service)

Burmese students and refugees  should send a written request to ISBDA for
getting these videos at high discount rates.

\End

KT
ISBDA