A LETTER OF SUPPORT TO MSF (9/7/96)

/* Written 15 Jul 6:00am 1996 by DRUNOO@xxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:reg.burma */
/* ----------------------" Support letter to MSF "-----------------------"

A LETTER OF SUPPORT TO MSF
--------------------------
Dr U Ne Oo
48/2 Ayliffes Road
ST MARYS SA 5042

July 9, 1996.

Dr Peter Hakewill
Delegate's Office
Medecins sans Frontieres
28 Levey Street
Chippendale, Sydney NSW 2008

DEar Dr Hakewill

RE: The Situation of Rohingyas in Arakan State, West of Burma

I am a Burmese national presently residing in Adelaide, Australia. I
firstly should like to thank the Medicins sans Frontieres for your
continuing attention to the situation of refugees from Burma. I have
received recent report by Burma NGO forum about your organization's
contribution to the care of refugees in Thailand.I have also received your
organization's report about repatriation of Rohingyas via the Australia
Council for Overseas Aid submissions to the Human Rights sub-committee. I
also have read your organization's 1996 Preliminary report on Burma on the
Internet. So many thanks for all your efforts in this regards.

Enclosed with this letter is my contribution to the discussion aobut the
repatriation or Rohingyas. Recently, the new situation has emerged as
another influx of Rohingyas occurred as a result of ocntinuing social and
economic repressions inside Arakan. I appeal your organization to continue
monitoring the situation of Rohingyas and help to alleviate their
sufferings.

I am in much agreement with the MSF's stand point that people should have
the right to get access to the humanitarian assistance. In this regards,
not only those displaced people outside of Burma, but also the people
inside Burma ought to receive the humanitarian aid that they needed. As
your organization is un-doubtedly aware, the displaced people inside Burma,
including people in Rangoon City's satellite towns, are in a desperate need
for humanitarian assistance such as basic medical cares. Therefore, I have
been, in my personal capacity, and with the help of our international
friends, making initiatives to get a proper access for NGOs to go into
Burma.

Finally, I thank you and Medicins sans Frontieres for your kind attention
to Burma matters. Your continuing support to our refugees and displaced
people are most appreciated by the Burmese people.

Yours sincerely,
Sd. U Ne Oo.

/* Endreport */