National Anthem? (r)

Dear Saya U Thaung:
The very recent documents of Doh Bama Asiayone indicate that their great
song  "Doh Bama" was written by Thakhin Ba Thaung. He  also fully
interpreted the words of the nationalist song in his book titled "The
History of Do Bama Asiayone." Although this song is not the national
anthem, the chorous part and melody became important part of Burmese
National Anthem after minor modifications.
(Actually I am amazed to hear that Thakhin Ba Thaung wrote the song).
I do not know who modified it to become a National Antham. Does Saya U
Thaung is saying that the "Doh Bama" was composed by (Nandaw Sheh?) Saya
Tin or the National Anthem is the work of Saya Tin?
Sincerely,
K. Tint

At  2:13 PM 7/13/96 -0800, thaung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>From: U Thaung <thaung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>At 07:51 AM 7/13/96, you wrote:
>>From: ktint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Kyaw Tint)
>>
>>I hope you will find the national anthem in the multimedia computer
>>software as friends suggested. I just wanted to add something about the
>>history:
>>The anthem is maily based on a nationalist song "Doh Bama," which is
>>composed by Thakhin Ba Thaung. This song was very popular among
>>nationalists in Burma in 1930s when  Doh Bama Asiayone was active to
>>challange the British colonial rule. When independence attained, Burmese
>>modified this nationalist song to become a National Anthem by including
>>broader meaning for Justice, Freedom, Equal Right, and of course for
>>protection of the Union.
>>I hope you find something useful in my explanation.
>>
>>> Can any one give me also more information about its history (of national
>>>anthem) and information about "Burmese Identity"?
>>
>>Regards,
>>K. Tint
>>

>>KT
>>ISBDA
>>
>Dear KT
>Thakhin Ba Thaung did not write that song, but Saya tin wrote it.  In 1973,
>when Ne Win introduced new constitition, he introduced new flag.  He also
>introduce new  athem, when he took pool, people said no. This is the first
>rejection of people to the miltary dictator.
>uthaung>

KT
ISBDA