Thank You From Massachusetts Burma

Subject: Thank You From Massachusetts Burma Roundtable

THANK YOU FROM THE MASSACHUSETTS BURMA ROUNDTABLE

June 26

Yesterday, Governor William Weld signed into law the first state-wide Burma
selective purchasing law.

The law effectively bars the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from buying the
goods or services of any company doing business in Burma.  The law is
currently the largest such law in terms of impact. It will cover billions of
dollars of state purchasing every year. It is also the broadest in its
definition of doing business in Burma; it covers any company with
investments in Burma or that sells any goods or services to the military
junta. It also includes companies that have franchises, licensees or
distributors in Burma.

I would specifically like to thank all the people and organizations outside
Massachusetts around the world who called and wrote Governor Weld to ask him
to sign the Burma bill into law. Your letters may well have helped to make
the difference.

To return the favor, I would like to volunteer myself as an advisor to any
people around the world who would like to campaign for similar selective
purchasing legislation in their home town and state.

Just let me have your mailing address and I will send you some materials and
how-to guides.

Thank you again for helping us make a difference in Massachusetts.

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development Corporation
711 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
(617) 423 6655 x 225
(617) 482 6179 fax
simon_billenness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx