TOTAL's Desmarest fails to assure s (r)

Subject: Re: TOTAL's Desmarest fails to assure shareholders

Dear fellow spiders Simon Billeness & Dawn Star,

It is indeed very encouraging and even enviable worth to have seen what our
Free Burma spiders have done and achieved in United States regarding
consumer boycotts of companies, supports to enacting selective purchasing
laws in US cities, supportive hard works in urging US Senators and
Representatives
to support the Burma Freedom and Democracy Act ( US economic sanctions
legislative on Burma ) and many, many more.
On the contrary, I have to admit that we should have done more in Europe to
mobilize such events. There have been actions done countrywise in the
Netherlands,
France, Switzerland, Germany, but more importantly we need to cooperate more
closely in a coordination network.  In this connection, I would like to request
our
French spider Dawn Star as an Internet columnist to please initiate in founding
European Free Burma Spider Web, to which I would be fully supportive in my
capacity.
I am quite certain that our friends in the Netherlands would join our web
actions as
they have already started the Heineken campaign ( Aung San Suu Kyi Square in
Amsterdam at the Heineken Plein). I also appreciate with thanks the Heineken
action
campaign done by Prof. Chris Summerville in Japan to boycott Heineken. We all
are
refraining from taking or encouraging Heineken beer.
But we need to do more with the TOTAL campaign, as has Simon Billeness suggested

that we could go further than just refraining from using TOTAL's gas stations.
We agree
with you, Simon. May be Dawn Star could be able to start the campaign in Paris,
which we would try to join from Germany and then we could try to spread out in
whole
Europe, including eastern and northern regions.
The German political stand on Burma is , since recently, more favourable for our
Free
Burma movement. The German Foreign Minister Dr. Klaus Kinkel reacted very
immediately with strong words to the Burmese military dictators' current moves
in
violating human rights in Burma. A clear and loud voice came out of the German
Foreign
Ministry, when the NLD delegates to the party congress were arrested in Burma.
When
the Slorc's new injustice law prohibiting public gatherings, etc. was announced,
Dr. Kinkel
responded within a couple of hours saying that the Slorc's move is a further
attempt by the
Burmese generals to maintain dictatorial power, and he urged the military regime
release all political prisoners without preconditions and to refrain from doing
anything
which could lead events to escalate. " The future of the country (Burma) can
only be
assured through a substantive dialogue with the democratic opposition, whose
representative is Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi", emphasized Dr.
Kinkel.
I have the honour to mention my heartfelt appreciations to Dr. Klaus Kinkel,
when I saw
him today ( June 09 ) at his FDP Party Congress in Karlsruhe while he was giving
the
conclusional speech, in which he did even mention again his support to Nobel
Peace
Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi for her outstanding courage towards human rights and
democracy.
Now my request to Simon Billeness: I would be much grateful to you if you could
be
able to send me a packet of materials on how to start a Burma selective
purchasing
law campaign.

With solidarity,

Nwe Aung                                     Tel. +49 2173 77950
Rudolf-Harbig-Weg 13               Fax +49 2173 83364
D-40764 Langenfeld
Germany

P.S.  The above address and phone & fax numbers are good only up to June 30.
         New address, phone & fax numbers will be known very soon.