Demonstration on 27th May 1996 in N

Subject: Demonstration on 27th May 1996 in New Delhi

Date. : May 26 1996.

The sixth anniversary of the multi-party general elections in Burma
fall on the 27th of  May 1996.

So far the military regime also known as State Law and Order
Restoration Council has not fulfilled its promise of handing over the
state power to the winning party of the general elections held on 27th
May 1990.

Moreover, the regime has been continuously using oppressive methods
against elected MPs and supporters of the National League for
Democracy party (NLD) which won and overwhelming majority in
this general elections.

According to the latest report from inside Burma, total figures of the
arrest of MPs and supporters reached to 290.

We, Burmese pro-democracy activists based in India are grave
concerned to this arbitrary actions of the military regime and
therefore, to denouncing this we are going to stage a demonstration
against the Burmese military regime. We shall also send a
memorandum to the SLORC representatives stationed in New Delhi.

Programme

Date.: 27th May 1996 (Monday)
Time : 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Place : In front of Nehru Planetarium (Teen Murti)

The United Burmese democracy activists
New Delhi, India.