BURMA'S SUU KYI SEEKS E.U. SUPPORT?

Subject: Re: BURMA'S SUU KYI SEEKS E.U. SUPPORT????

>From Dawn Star, Paris,
Just got off the phone with Total spokesman, no statement from Total on
events in Burma, evidently no statement either from French Quai D'Orsay
Foreign Office, or Prime Minister Juppé or President Chirac. Silence
only, wait and see attitude however Total did cite European Parliament
"hand's up" vote yesterday "demanding immediate release of all prisoners
of conscience". Interpret that as you like, but very quiet here!

Did anybody pick up any response on European Union or see this in the
press? Thank you for posting it if you do. DS