Are the K N U Days Numbered ? (r)

>What does the writer suggest the KNU do instead of signing a ceasefire
>besides economic sabotage?  SLORC currently has close to 100,000 troops
>in Karen State.  Failure to sign a "ceasefire" document may lead to
>genocidal annhilation.  If any of us were the KNU, would we risk the
>genocide of our people if a "ceasefire" were demanded.  Would we be
>willing to sacrifice our organization for the survival of the Karen?
>I don't pretend to know what the KNU should do in this situation.

  Unfortunately, surrender may still lead to genocide in another manner.
 Apparently SLORC is doing what the Germans did. Raping women and having them
have a more Burmese child.  And Surrender does not mean forced labor and
murders of these people will stop.

>The writer has identified serious problems with the KNU. It is dominated
>by an undemocratic older elite who are not capable of waging a modern
>struggle in this post guerrilla age.

  "If" the KNU guerrilla leaders are corrupted by money,  the KNU then MAY be
doomed.  They could wage a modern war IF the money is properly used to
purchase neccessary supplies.  Then they can be capable as the SLORC.

  Some of these groups would rather die than surrender.