L.A. Times Letter to the Editor

Los Angeles Times: LETTER TO THE TIMES
April 21, 1996 (Sunday)

 Title:               Aung San Suu Kyi

Thank you for publishing Scott Kraft's interview with Aung San Suu Kyi
(Opinion, April 14).
I was most impressed by the fact that she felt most free while she was
under house arrest. I do not feel free either, while my native country is
still being ruled by a harsh military regime. I cast a vote for Suu Kyi
from afar by giving up my right to visit Burma as long as this military
regime is in power.
I hope I will feel free, like Suu Kyi, for making a free choice. I pray
that more people of the free world will take a stand and make more free
choices to free the rest of the world from tyranny.

Desmond B. Chiong
San Marino

KT
ISBDA