Haiku for the Greening of Mitsubish (r)

Subject: Re: Haiku for the Greening of Mitsubishi

Dear Mr. Tanaka,
I understand your outrage seeing English language haikus.
I have tried to translate haikus to Hungarian, but it could
not be done in less than half a page length. Of course I
did not follow the syllable pattern, rather tried to describe
the full meaning of the poem. I gave up.
Since the haikus are written in kanjis, which carry much
much more meaning than their phonetic one-syllable spelling,
imitating the syllable-pattern in other languages makes
no sense at all.
There was a plan to convert the Japanese writing to romaji
after The War under American occupation. Since it did not
happen, the language of the haikus shall be Japanese as
it is known to us. Japanese should not be converted to
romaji by back-door approaches.

I did not realize that you would be offended being addressed
the Japanese way in English text. Excuse me. It was not meant
to be an offence. I have many Japanese friends - since I
speak the language - and we address each other the Japanese
way routinely.

In Hungarian the order of names are the same as in Japanese.
That is: Myooji comes first, given name comes second.

I don't understand why Mitsubishi is picked as a target, too.
As I can recollect, Mitsui is the largest investor in Burma.
But I may proven to be wrong at this.
Anyway, Japan is the biggest investor. The alternative of
investing is not investing. I see no good sides to this
latter.
Sincerely,
DER Imre

                 /----------------------------\