Arabs and Burma

At 12:51 14-03-96, simon_billenness@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>If it comforts you, I do not believe that any Arab government or company has
>ever lifted a finger for the Burmese people. However, I would be happy to be
>proved wrong on this point.

I can correct you, maybe, in a little way. Through a very close source in
Saudi Arabia (ie my parents) I received quite a number of articles from the
Arab News on Burma. They write more on Daw Aung San Suu Kyi than do the
Dutch Newspapers (except for the last couple of months, with all this
Heineken stuff going on). The Arab News even provided us with usefull info
on such an 'unheard of' place like Arakhan state..
Gijs (from his home e-mail)
visit these sights:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/freeburma/freeburma.html
http://www.uio.no/tormodl