for March( voices from the jungle)

Dear friends,

Day after day the demonstrations continued, and the number of people
participating grew. Even some military officers joined in to show
solidarity with the people. It seemed to the students that victory
was certain.
Then, what's going on in Burma. Do you think people forget past the
day? The world is slowly forgetting Burma, the struggle of the
Burmese people and their plea for the right to participate in their
own government.
We still fighting and struggle , even we've not anything.
Our soul are more stronger than past the days.
Here is one voice from the jungle, but the voice from
our people too. Don't forget my country doors are close.
Are you remember March events in Burma? I'll remind to you.

Tade Phyu Bridge ( White Bridge)

There is a stairway which goes to the top of the
embakment on Inya Lake. It is called Tade Phyu
Bridge which means White Bridge.
Later, when the military withdrew to their barracks,
( on September 16) the students and thousands of other
people came to Tade Phyu Bridge to hold a memorial serive for all of
those who had died on March 16, 1988.
Some are those arrested again at the memorial day.
We don't want to call "Tade Phyu" anymore.
We changed the name was "Tade Ni"( Red Bridge).

"The White/ Red Bridge"

It is a serene and happy place
the White Bridge.
A place for friends to laugh together,
Couples in love to meet and dream,
Students to fret over exams.
A place designed for the rest of the soul.

Now blood has turned it red
the blood of those friends
those couples in love
those students.
The laughter has turned into screams of fear,
dreams have sunk to the bottom of the lake,
the fretting has become bitter anger.

The Red Bridge
now flashes a message to the world
that tyranny still exists.