[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index
FREE WAY TO CALL YOUR SENATORS AND
Subject: FREE WAY TO CALL YOUR SENATORS AND REPS ON BURMA
RAG: FREE WAY TO CALL YOUR SENATORS AND REPS ON BURMA
Exxon Corporation has set up/paid for a 1-800 line to contact US Senators.
It is under the auspice of a group that wants to refine the environmental
laws and the regulatory tendency of US environmental policy. The thing to
remember is that EXXon is paying. They pay the bill but the caller is simply
connected to the office of a US Senator.
1) Dail 1-800-444-1555
2) They will give you a short recorded message.
3) Follow instructions if you have a touch tone phone, public ones work
best and they have other advantages. :
4) Enter a zip code...they ask for yours but it doesn't have to be...it can
be any in the US.
5) Make a choice of the elected politician's office you want to be connected
6) When the staff person answers you are set to discuss the proposed
environmental reform regulations, OR ANY OTHER ISSUE YOU WANT
(IE. THE FREE BURMA ACT)
Couple of tricks...we found they limit the number of calls to 3 from each
number. Solution: public phones are everywhere...enjoy Exxon's
corporate attempt to influence "grassroots democracy".
When spiders unite they can tie down a lion. (Ethiopian Proverb)
The Free Burma Coalition