A SUGGESTION

Dear friends,
	Here is a suggestion to stop getting this lahu message.  It will
continue to come until strider or someone removes this person from the
list.  It will not stop otherwise, even if we don't reply to him.  He
will get his own replys and his machine will reply to them!  I suggest we
all unsubscribe from Burmanet until after january's third week.  Only
people on the list can get his message.  You may be asking how we will
get burma related information to all of the list.  There are other burma
related lists to use for this short period until the third week of
january.  One such list is MAYKHA-L which runs out of Indiana
University.  It can effectively be used as a temporary burma net until
this lahu stuff stops.  Here is how to subscribe to maykha-l.

Send "subscribe MAYKHA-L" in the body to
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(or LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxx).  With nothing in the subject line.

For those of you who might flame me for posting this, please understand
that I am not trying to shut down burmanet.  I do think that if all the
list holders do this until after the third week of January than we will
not waste time and money with the lahu thing.  Please subscribe to
Burmanet after the third week of January.  I hope all understand this,
please email me directly if you have a question or complaint.

						David Horne