An Urgent Call For Support For Daw

Subject: An Urgent Call For Support For Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

--=====================_817275113==_

A CALL TO SUPPORT DAW AUNG SAN SUU KYI
SPIRITUALLY

At this critical time, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi needs our
assistance.

In order to show solidarity with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,
Burmese Relief Center--Japan calls for effort both inside and
outside the country to strengthen her and her position.

According to Burmese tradition, the day of one's birth a very
significant day.  There are eight birthdays, each day of the
week with Wednesday divided into two parts.  One's birthday
is an appropriate time to make merit.  Many Burmese observe
special precepts on their day, give special offerings, meditate,
and routinely observe a special diet, such as taking only
vegetarian dishes, that day every week.

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday is Tuesday.  We invite all,
Burmese and non-Burmese, who want to bolster her position
and encourage her, to show their solidarity by marking every
Tuesday with a special act of remembrance and by dedicating
that observance to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

Irrespective of our faith, let us unite our spiritual efforts every
Tuesday, to protect and strengthen Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
We might choose to offer special prayers, light candles,
meditate according to our own practice, make special
offerings, chant Parittas or mantras, and to perform some
wholesome, charitable act while expressly sharing our merit
with Daw Suu Kyi.

Let us all, inside Burma and around the world, resolve to
continue our use of these powerful spiritual weapons,
particularly on Tuesdays, to promote peace and democracy in
Burma until the entire country is free, democracy restored, and
reconciliation accomplished.