STATEMENT ON THE SEVENTH ANNIVERSAR (r)

Subject: STATEMENT ON THE SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FOUNDING OF THE ABSDF

          STATEMENT ON THE SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FOUNDING
                              OF THE ABSDF
                              ------------

                                                   Date: November 5, 1995

November 5, 1995,  is the seventh anniversary of the founding of the ABSDF
(All Burma Students' Democratic Front). Throughout the history of Burma, since
the period of British colonial rule, students have been taking a leading role
in national independence movements and anti-military dictatorship struggles.

Given the current situation in Burma, we have reached what could be a critical
turning point in the struggle to topple the military dictatorship and to
restore democracy and human rights to all the people of Burma. We, the ABSDF
students, together with the ethnic resistance groups and all democratic
forces, are in readiness for the coming struggle to reach a political
settlement in our country.

We the ABSDF firmly believe that the best chance for the implementation of
democracy in Burma and the establishment of federal union lies in the
maintenance of strength and unity and a clear resolute determination by all
ethnic resistance groups and Burmese democratic organizations; we must all
grasp the cause of freedom in unison.

On the auspicious occasion of the seventh anniversary of the ABSDF, we would
like to appeal to the people of Burma and the international community to join
hand in hand with us to demand from the Slorc military regime:

1. The unconditional release of student leader Min Ko Naing and all political
prisoners;

2. The cancellation of all Slorc's unjust laws;

3. The abolition of the Slorc's sham National Convention;

4. The opening of dialogue with the democratic forces led by Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi and the ethnic national leaders so that national reconciliation and
internal peace may be achieved.

Central Leading Committee
ABSDF
Headquarters